Nexus One Longevity

This is a discussion on Nexus One Longevity within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; We all know that the mobile phone market right now is hotter than it's ever been. That being said, how long do you expect the ...

Thread: Nexus One Longevity

Nexus One Longevity

We all know that the mobile phone market right now is hotter than it's ever been. That being said, how long do you expect the Nexus One to remain the standard bearer for the Android platform? Also for N1 owners, how long do you feel it will be before you upgrade your phone again, especially if you payed full price for the N1?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

6 months.. that's all a phone ever gets before a new and better version comes out.

I paid full price and calculated I'll have to keep it for 14 month for it to pay off over the subsidised version.

I expect to kick myself at least 3 times in the next 14 months because I didn't wait.
    Rooted Nexus One

I'm planning to just switch to whatever is nice in 6 months. I change phones every 6-8 months.

I plan to keep this phone for at LEAST 6 months. If not longer..... All my prior phones were mostly contracts, so I kept the same phone model for at least 2 years.

I'm happy with the Nexus and wouldn't spend any more money on a phone unless it has something seriously worth it (ie. printing out money? cooking dinner?)

Of course there will be the Nexus 2GS within a year or so, but unlocked phones hold their retail value pretty well, and if the next newest phone is that worth it, I'd be willing to sell the Nexus and pay a bit more for a newer model. I KNOW I will be angry when whatever new model comes out with _____ & ______ that this phone doesn't have, for $200 cheaper.

But for now, I'm still recovering from the 580 for the Nexus. I'm just waiting for the Flash and some other upgrades from Android.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links