Newbie Plan Question

This is a discussion on Newbie Plan Question within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; This completely confuses me. I'm a complete and total newbie to the Android thing (please ben gentle)...just sold my Storm 2 on eBay. Once payment ...

Thread: Newbie Plan Question

Question Newbie Plan Question

This completely confuses me.

I'm a complete and total newbie to the Android thing (please ben gentle)...just sold my Storm 2 on eBay. Once payment goes through I'm canceling contract with Verizon and getting a N1.

What if you need more minutes? What am I missing? Some people use a LOT more than 500 mins per month. Why is it limited to only one plan?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It is limited to one plan if you want it SUBSIDIZED which is the cheaper one. It depends if you really think its worth it, to have the plan, because the plan is pretty much the EXACT same plan as the Even More Plus plan which is 500 minutes + unlimited data/web for 59.99. You don't have a contract with Evenmore+ plans, but you need to have the phone unlocked.

With the contract plan, if you go over minutes then they bill you for the overage minutes, but with Even More Plus once you run out of minutes you just can't call or recieve, but data and texting works.

500 minutes is a squeeze for me, specially since I was used to night times starting at 7pm instead of 9pm with T-Mobile. But I do more texting/messaging than talking.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Hhhmmm....Ok, it's making more sense now. I also use way more text and data than minutes. I just can't see paying so much up front. I realize over time it comes out cheaper....I think thats where they get us.

Someone mentioned being able to use Skype? I have a Skype number because I use their voice mail. I don't have a home phone and like to protect my cell number.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links