Zagg Invisible Shield for N1 - $19.99 + shipping

This is a discussion on Zagg Invisible Shield for N1 - $19.99 + shipping within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; i dropped my g1 once and got a scratch on the screen, holy **** was it annoying....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zagg Invisible Shield for N1 - $19.99 + shipping

i dropped my g1 once and got a scratch on the screen, holy **** was it annoying.

kNb
    in for one (full body) btw ppl stop complaining how expensive $20 or $25 is for a case you just bought a $600 device don't be frugal on a few bucks.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by kNb View Post
    in for one (full body) btw ppl stop complaining how expensive $20 or $25 is for a case you just bought a $600 device don't be frugal on a few bucks.

Cheers
    x2 I read an article somewhere where the droid and some other phones use some patented glass covering from corningware. It's damn good but it's not impervious to scratches though.

I got the Zagg full body shield and to be honest I've used it on my Cliq for the screen and on my G1 as well. The N1 got it mainly because of me being paranoid and also the fact the teflon backing makes it really slippery when my hands are sweaty. lol Anyway, what I plan to do is use the full body from Zagg and replace the screen protector with a anit-glare.
    PDA's to Windows Mobile to Android... G1 to Cliq to Nexus One

Heres the vid the N1 has the same scratch proof screen and also scratch proof tephlon exterior so no Sheilds needed WTF
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpGAW6L5x8U&feature=popt1cus02[/ame]

Not saying you're wrong N1Sickness, I'm just paranoid.

I agree Ghost, Ever phone I have owned I dropped at least once. Which is why I have ordered the screen protector from Zagg and my phone wears a silicone body case.
    I plan to keep my unit looking as beautiful as the day we first met!

kNb
    do you guys/gals have any pictures with the skin on? Did you also did the install yourself or paid for professional (by professional I mean the 17 year old at best buy or mall...)

I have doubts on doing the install myself because I know it requires patience.

As far as the photo part I don't have a camera nice enough to be able to pick up on the finer details I'd need to show. The application, I've done this a bunch of times. It also helps that I used to tint windows on cars. Generally you can have the mall attendent take care of it for you and if they mess up it's on them.

If you are OCD about this stuff like I am don't do it yourself unless you intend on doing it more in the future. I did mine at 2 in the morning half asleep because I didn't care about the installation (I'm going to get something like an incase soon...I hope). What's funny is that this was the best installation I've ever done. No microscopic pieces of hair or dust anywhere and the edges aren't coming up even after a few days in my pocket.

My advice right now is let someone else do it because it can get very annoying. If you do end up doing it yourself, make sure you get these things together:
    1. Hair dryer, for those areas that do not want to curve and stay down. Low heat setting. High heat will leave ripples in the material is left on one spot to long.
    2. If you get the ZAGG I.S. make sure to purchase or source the little spray bottle. That darn sponge and little tub actually make installation harder and in my experience cause more defects. I was lucky enough to get a huge bottle of their applicator spray. Which I think is just a soap and water solution, which is what I used to use for tinting windows. Spray liberally on the film and lightly on the device or none at all on the device. Make sure spray your fingers down too.
    3. A clean workspace. Nothing is worse then finishing the install and then having to undo everything because of a piece of dust or hair.
    4. Time. It's not going to take hours but if you want to do a good job don't do it before the big game.
    5. Tweezers, some kits have some really tight little pieces. I didn't need them for my N1 but it sure has helped on other kits.
    6. A rubber squeegee. The card that is supplied sucks. Most other kits come with what the Zagg used to come with. If you end up needing one go to the local auto parts store and find the tint supplies. The squeegee from one of the kits should be good.

Good luck! :D

I just posted to show everyone and I understand your paranoid. Iam sure this wont protect against drops and case wil.

JMF
    Just installed my InvisibleShield. I've done several iPhones in the past so am not new to the process.

The new sponge in bulls**t compared to the spray as mentioned in an earlier post. I only bought the screen protector as I'm prepared for the back to show a little wear and tear, and also found the full body kit makes the phone feel bigger. This was pretty simple to put on because there's no home button to accommodate.

Annoyingly the shield came with the merest of imperfections which to the eagle eye of the installer is easy to see. Also try your best no to touch the sticky side...finger prints.........

Bye bye pouch, I did like it but I think it looks gay taking your phone out of your pocket then out of a pouc...my 2 cents.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links