AMOLED display outdoors ?

This is a discussion on AMOLED display outdoors ? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by joker I can confirm this. I live in Miami, and today was an AMAZING day, 75+ and SUNNY Could barely see the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AMOLED display outdoors ?

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    I can confirm this.

I live in Miami, and today was an AMAZING day, 75+ and SUNNY

Could barely see the screen while outside in the sun, could not make anything out on it.

This was a bit upsetting, as this may make it unusable on the beach. Might be better with sunglasses on-- haven't tested yet.
    Thanks Joker for your reply/input. This is what I'm worried about. What phone did you have before this one. (iphone, Droid, G1, some anyother type of smart phone with a large screen) and did you have the same problem? This will be my first smart phone with a large screen and I am wondering if they are all that way. It is 72 degrees sunny and clear my friend here at work has the HTC eris. I will see what his looks like under the sun

Quote Originally Posted by throbinskin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    I can confirm this.

I live in Miami, and today was an AMAZING day, 75+ and SUNNY

Could barely see the screen while outside in the sun, could not make anything out on it.

This was a bit upsetting, as this may make it unusable on the beach. Might be better with sunglasses on-- haven't tested yet.
    Thanks Joker for your reply/input. This is what I'm worried about. What phone did you have before this one. (iphone, Droid, G1, some anyother type of smart phone with a large screen) and did you have the same problem? This will be my first smart phone with a large screen and I am wondering if they are all that way. It is 72 degrees sunny and clear my friend here at work has the HTC eris. I will see what his looks like under the sun
    I have an issue with seeing my reflection in the sun more than the screen. Haven't tried turning the brightness up all the way so that may be the solution.

I have an issue with seeing my reflection in the sun more than the screen. Haven't tried turning the brightness up all the way so that may be the solution.

oh yeah forgot to mention that

it did also become a dull mirror outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by throbinskin View Post

I had an HTC Touch Pro, with non oled screen, and I could see it better. But anything running windowsMobile becomes a dumb stupid phone from the 90's, not a smartphone.

If you are going to be in the sun for 90% of your usage, you might have issues.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by bacca View Post
    theres nothing you can do about the bad visibility in the sun, its the nature of oleds
    Is that true? What about with an anti-glare protector? If is the case I might be sending my N1 back because its completely unusable in sunlight.

Its not bad.

I used the phone in direct sunlight and to me its fine. you have to set the brightness at its highest and operate the phone in an angle away from the sun.

I tried that, but compared to the iPhone it's night and day. I love the phone and indoors the screen blows away anything out there, but this is just another comparison point where the Nexus One loses against the iPhone (which I've been using now for over 2 years). If I could at least find a anti-glare coating to help out that could make the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by slseed View Post
    If I could at least find a anti-glare coating to help out that could make the difference.

$3.00....
    HTC Google Nexus One (AT&T) Universal LCD Screen Protector Film

Worth a shot....

I tried that, but compared to the iPhone it's night and day. I love the phone and indoors the screen blows away anything out there, but this is just another comparison point where the Nexus One loses against the iPhone (which I've been using now for over 2 years). If I could at least find a anti-glare coating to help out that could make the difference.
    all a matter of perspective

you see it as a loss, I see it as a win

personally, I'd rather have the OLED screen than an iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    If I could at least find a anti-glare coating to help out that could make the difference.

$3.00....
    HTC Google Nexus One (AT&T) Universal LCD Screen Protector Film

Worth a shot....
    Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links