AMOLED display outdoors ?

This is a discussion on AMOLED display outdoors ? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Backnblack Originally Posted by slseed If I could at least find a anti-glare coating to help out that could make the difference. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AMOLED display outdoors ?

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slseed View Post
    If I could at least find a anti-glare coating to help out that could make the difference.

$3.00....
    HTC Google Nexus One (AT&T) Universal LCD Screen Protector Film

Worth a shot....
    I must ask... What's the difference with this one if you compare to the ones that protect your whole phone?

Here is a new thread I read from BGR. Byass I know but, I'm an Android fan anti iphone ! ... here is what worries me !

" When you think of an AMOLED screen you probably think bright, beautiful colors, crisp, sharp detailing, and you also probably think, “that might not be the best screen to use at the beach.” And, if you thought that last part, you’d be right. The screen on the Nexus One, while gorgeous, is not usable in direct sunlight and it’s rather depressing. Getting over the sunlight issue, the screen isn’t as rich as the Motorola DROID’s display, unfortunately. We didn’t miss the actual resolution in terms of having more room, but the DROID’s display doesn’t show pixelation like the Nexus One does, and just honestly seems like a better product. Now, before you get too worked up, the Nexus One display is in and of itself great, but if you’d like to know the best of the best, it would have to be the DROID’s display."

Nowhere does anyone giving these reviews mention that you can just manually adjust the screen brightness. I have too respect my N1 fans here and their honest opinions. I just wish I could get my hands on one and see it in person before I buy it !

I looked at a co-workers droid eris screen under direct sunlight today and was decent usable, and tolerable but, the screen is not AMOLED ?

sorry here is the link. Google Nexus One Review Boy Genius Report

you don't need to click it. I just quoted what I need - an honest owners opinion

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links