AMOLED display outdoors ?

This is a discussion on AMOLED display outdoors ? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Can anyone that owns the N1 confirm or share their experience with the AMOLED screen outdoors on a sunny day! I have read reviews that ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AMOLED display outdoors ?

AMOLED display outdoors ?

Can anyone that owns the N1 confirm or share their experience with the AMOLED screen outdoors on a sunny day! I have read reviews that the AMOLED screen on the N1 is useless outdoors. Indoors I read that it was vibrant/unreal/clear etc. Otdoors they could barely see the screen. Is this true? This is important to me. I want the phone but, do not want to spend the money on something I can't see outside as I am mostly outdoors. I had a digital camera that had this problem as it was impossible to see what I was taking a picture of during a sunny day and I had to return it.

Someone out their share there experience please !

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

So long as auto brightness is on (or brightness is turned all the way up) it works fine outdoors.

The only time I have had troubles was when I had the brightness turned all the way down and I went outside.

It's been pretty gloomy where I live so I can't tell you about the sunny parts...

However, I did notice today that while outside on gloomy weather, the screen being at half brightness does look pretty bad.

Indoors is awesome though.

Droid does the samething. Can't really see unless I turn brightness all the way up.

There must be some picky-ass videophiles walking this planet because I think the display is awesome as are the colors it produces. Talking strictly about the indoors concerns as I haven't had the chance yet to test the display in sunshine.

Sunshine. What is that again, exactly?

Its not as bad as some make it out to be. Its an OLED screen. Its really only bad with sunlight directly on it, and even then only at certain angles.

I know it's winter and gloomy, but I live in San diego, California and it's in the 80's clear and warm right now. I'm always outside

I can confirm this.

I live in Miami, and today was an AMAZING day, 75+ and SUNNY

Could barely see the screen while outside in the sun, could not make anything out on it.

This was a bit upsetting, as this may make it unusable on the beach. Might be better with sunglasses on-- haven't tested yet.

theres nothing you can do about the bad visibility in the sun, its the nature of oleds

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    I can confirm this.

I live in Miami, and today was an AMAZING day, 75+ and SUNNY

Could barely see the screen while outside in the sun, could not make anything out on it.

This was a bit upsetting, as this may make it unusable on the beach. Might be better with sunglasses on-- haven't tested yet.
    Polarized sunglasses seem to work best IMO....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links