Can you switch plans after receiving phone?

This is a discussion on Can you switch plans after receiving phone? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; T-mobile rep at a store just told me that once I got the phone I could upgrade to a plan with 1000 minutes or unlimited ...

Thread: Can you switch plans after receiving phone?

Can you switch plans after receiving phone?

T-mobile rep at a store just told me that once I got the phone I could upgrade to a plan with 1000 minutes or unlimited for 89 of 99 respectively.

Can anyone confirm this and if so does that still include the data?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

From what I heard, you can upgrade the plan, no problem. However, if you drop data, you have to break contract.

Upgrading a plan is always easy....Down-grading is when they sometimes give you heartache....

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnei View Post
    From what I heard, you can upgrade the plan, no problem. However, if you drop data, you have to break contract.
    The question re data was would the 89/99 for 1000/unl include data like the 79 for 500 does?

Quote Originally Posted by drumtrucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnei View Post
    The question re data was would the 89/99 for 1000/unl include data like the 79 for 500 does?
    VZW user here....not sure what Tmo offers....

Edit: Here's what I am seeing with an Individual Plan....

looking at the tmo site, I can sign up (currently vz) for unl everything for 80 a month, including web. On the Google site, says 500 blah blah and unl 'android web' for 80/mo. So there may be some difference between 'web' and 'android web' which makes me wonder if you actually can update to an unlimited talk plan.

never mind, that was for Even More Plus is for NON contract plan.

Tmo very unclear on how to get unlimited talk,text,web on their site (with contract).

that is the plan page that is for NO CONTRACT.

What I am looking for is a Tmo user that has purchased a N1 (contract price) and successfully upgraded their talk to Unlimited, or been told they CANNOT do it?

Any Tmo's ???

Question Family Plan option (two N1's) ?

Can anyone tell me if there is a way that my wife & I can get TWO Nexus One's (with a single "Family Plan" for both phones) ?

I don't see this option from the Google ordering page.

We are currently new VZ customers that have a week left to cancel (return Droid and Eris) - but we need to have a plan with around 800 min anytime shared (plus unlim data) - anyone know of a solution?

If so i'm ready to try T-Mob and switch to the N1 than keeping the Droid which I don't' care for (I like my wife's Eris more in many ways - all in fact except that the video recording isn't as good , it's a bit slow , the screen isn't as large - the N1 solves those issues, pluses of my wife's Eris over the Droid which will be pluses on the N1 as well - much more colorful display , lighter ).

I'm sure some others must want to go with more than just a single N1 right? I can't see that they don't offer this ?

Thanks

Lmtd T-Mob data coverage solution :

Since T-Mob doesn't seem to have much coverage off of the Interstate (as an example if driving cross-country) - AT&T (while I don't care for them) seems to have more coverage , so don't the T-Mob plans include data / voice roaming? The N1 would get Edge speeds (which for my work iPhone 3gs is actually decent , at least when out of the city and no 3g T-Mob avail) in MANY areas roaming to AT&T (for no charge) right ?

If this is the case (free roaming with T-Mob & the N1 will make calls and data roam at Edge speed in areas all over via AT&T automatically) I'm not afraid to go with T-Mobile (biggest loss would be all of the VZW friends that wouldn't be "free" calls & losing the Top 10 VZW deal but we pay so much as VZW new users anyway... & to have the N1...) .

Thanks

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links