Nexus One and 3G Problems

This is a discussion on Nexus One and 3G Problems within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Engadget broke news this morning: Google support forums rife with Nexus One 3G complaints, is this a real problem? By Sean Cooper posted Jan 9th ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One and 3G Problems

dandroid

Nexus One and 3G Problems

Engadget broke news this morning:

Google support forums rife with Nexus One 3G complaints, is this a real problem?

By Sean Cooper posted Jan 9th 2010 12:01AM

What started out as a few tips on 3G issues for Google's Nexus One seems to have ballooned into a fair bit of drama at Google's support forums. The main complaint appears to be owners reporting that their device either never switches to 3G, or, it is constantly switching between 3G and EDGE. Many users are also posting that switching out to another manufacturer's set yields great 3G reception where they're testing, and others have chimed in that the service on their phones has been spotless.
    Let us know if you have experienced similar problems.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by dandroid View Post
    Let us know if you have experienced similar problems
    I have experienced this and I have a tower right in my backyard just a couple thousand feet away. I don't get full bars with 3G but I get it. Occasionally, I notice it dropping down to Edge with two or one bar.

I ran the speed test on off peak hours and I got about 300kbps on both up and down on 3G.

At least I have not seen any dropped calls yet but then again I have not used it much yet.

I have no problem with 3G T-mobile on my Nexus One.
    If you ever used T-mobile EDGE on Iphone, setup the samething on Nexus would give you 3G speed at EDGE price ($10). This is just like people are using 3G ATT for the price of EDGE on any mobile support 3G but doesn't carry ATT brand.

I was wondering about this myself. I think I am decided now to get the N1, but the question is do I get one now, ride out my ATT contract for a while until the ETF goes down a bit more, and then switch to TMO? Or just wait for the Verizon version of the N1? I can't many straight answers on how good/bad T-Mobile's coverage is.

It all depends on what area you live in. For example in Las Vegas NV Tmobile 3g is better than verizon imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    It all depends on what area you live in. For example in Las Vegas NV Tmobile 3g is better than verizon imo.
    TMO supposedly rolled out 3G in my city on 12/1, and my home address shows full 3G coverage for miles. I just am still a bit skeptical. I guess I could always get contractless service for a month and just cancel if it's not up to par.

I have heard a lot of people having a problem with 3G. I noticed yesterday that I needed to actually select T-Mobile as the carrier. The phone comes out of the box ready for AT&T or T-Mobile. Ever since then, I have had no issues with it. Hope that helps.

In my area T mobile is strong as well and I can get unlimited talk+text+web for like 80 bucks. That is amazing

I'm almost always on Edge when I'm at home.
    That, or no service at all.
    3G is pretty good elsewhere, just not in my house for some damn reason.

Guy
    This is strange because, on mine I am on a 3g in 3g areas at full bars where as with my g1 I would only have like 2-3 bars
    Follow me at @Burlyskink
    Want a Lockerz invite? PM me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links