Some Android/N1 observations.

This is a discussion on Some Android/N1 observations. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; - I had all of my contacts on google voice before I bought the phone. Once I setup my google voice on the N1 it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Android/N1 observations.

Some Android/N1 observations.

- I had all of my contacts on google voice before I bought the phone. Once I setup my google voice on the N1 it automatically updated my Android contacts list.

- Dolphin browser allows multitouch and seems to be a faster browser.

- The battery seems to last almost 2 days with light use, about ~24 hours with alot of use. I turned off bluetooth, GPS, Wifi, leave brightness on the lowest setting.

- the speech to text works incredibly well if you speak clearly and slow. roughly 80-90% of the time for me.

Things I wish I could have
    ------------------------------

- A big clock like the sense UI clock, I know there are some skin tweak apps out there but i wish it came from google inc.

- ACCESSORIES!!!!

- A dedicated mp4/avi player. To have to go into the gallery seems counter intuitive to me.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Guy
    Actually, with android (unless they changed it in 2.1) when you first enter in your google acount it should fill your contacts with out google voice. The reason being is that all of your contacts are in a specific spot, if you enter them in Gmail or in Google Voice they are all located in the same spot.

Things I wish I could have
    ------------------------------

- A big clock like the sense UI clock, I know there are some skin tweak apps out there but i wish it came from google inc.

- ACCESSORIES!!!!

- A dedicated mp4/avi player. To have to go into the gallery seems counter intuitive to me.
    Does it matter where the app comes from?
    Phones been out a few day, give it some time....
    There are a few good apps for mp4's in the market

I believe the video formats are AAC, H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, WMA, eAAC+, OGG, AMR WB, AMR NB, AAC+, MIDI

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Actually, with android (unless they changed it in 2.1) when you first enter in your google acount it should fill your contacts with out google voice. The reason being is that all of your contacts are in a specific spot, if you enter them in Gmail or in Google Voice they are all located in the same spot.
    I skipped the initial setup because i was porting my number..

My gvoice is mapped to the number i was porting over so I decided to wait until tmobile attached it to my N1. Once I got word that the # worked... i setup gvoice and BAM.. everything updated.

I agree on all your points.

As for clocks, I found a few pretty good free ones.

Top: Retro Clock Widget
    Mid: Digital Clock Widget
    Bottom: DigiClock Widget

I like the first, as it spans across a whole 1x4 line and I think matches my weather widget best.

Rooted Nexus One

Fuse

great idea for that setup... had that space empty under my weather reader, installed that widget now too

also just scanned your barcode with Goggles, works great

I keep trying to decide if I want the weather on top, or the clock... The clock on top just doesn't quite look right for some reason. I'm so damn picky when it comes to my home screens!

I plan on posting videos there (and here) in the next few days.
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    I agree on all your points.

As for clocks, I found a few pretty good free ones.

Top: Retro Clock Widget
    Mid: Digital Clock Widget
    Bottom: DigiClock Widget

I like the first, as it spans across a whole 1x4 line and I think matches my weather widget best.

I went with the DigiClock Widget, i love it... thanks for the info..

I actually just got "Beautiful Widgets" and am using that... I'm not thrilled with keeping my news link separate - but I still want access to the news section and the detailed weather display. I also like BW because it comes with Plane mode/Vibrate/Silent toggles (and a few others) so I was able to get rid of a few widgets I had that did the same things.
    Rooted Nexus One

thanks for reviews

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links