PLEASE READ: Do NOT worry about Apps running in the Background

This is a discussion on PLEASE READ: Do NOT worry about Apps running in the Background within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Basically OP is saying that Task Killer app developers are retards and they waste their time creating Task Killers. Now that's borderline retarded... Running certain ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE READ: Do NOT worry about Apps running in the Background

Basically OP is saying that Task Killer app developers are retards and they waste their time creating Task Killers. Now that's borderline retarded...

Running certain apps in the background will drain your battery SIGNIFICANTLY faster. It's a fact.

I've read both opinions regarding Task Killer and remain uncertain. I do know that I had an app called "Where's The Subway" installed. I used it once, closed it and later in the day when I checked battery usage, it had consumed more power than the screen! I promptly uninstalled it. I can only hope that the other background apps aren't draining the battery even when not being used because I don't always remember to use Task Killer. Not having a definitive answer on it, I'm not ready to invest in the paid app.

Never had advanced task killer until today. Installed it, killed unimportant apps and now my phones seems to run faster. Could be wrong but Im sticking with ATK for now.

I've read other forums/blogs that argued for/against ATK...both sides will show you 'the facts' why you should/shouldn't use ATK. Unless someone comes out with scientific data/research, this argument will rage on. To use or not to use ATK, lol. IMHO it all comes down to your preference and also a placebo effect, . I don't see the need for an ATK for my N1 atm, but that might change later on.

-roze-

I've tried a few different task killers, then I stopped using it to see how different things are.

I had a few things not working properly when I was using task killers and was never sure which one to kill or not to kill. Those problems are gone now that I don't kill them all the time.

I really don't see any difference in battery life. With all the apps running in the background I put down the phone for an hour, then check the battery. I see about 1% of battery used. So, I am not going to complain about that.

I do notice a slight slow down of the phone when a bunch of apps are sitting there for a while. So, I use task killer to clear some out once or twice a day and that's it. That's how I use of Task killers now and never leave Task killer running for Auto kill and whatnot.

What task killers are you using? I have read of task killer to give problems but advanced task killer is all good for me.

yeah, I use advanced task killer now.

I can tell you this for a fact: My 3G connection constantly drops when I'm browsing the Android Market, and the only way that I can figure out how to restore my connection (short of turning the phone off and on) is to start killing apps.

i disagree>

i use the Manage Application Setting to shut down tasks to save battery life

thank you, that's great!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links