Confession of a geek, intro.

This is a discussion on Confession of a geek, intro. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Two years ago I purchased the best thing I've ever purchased as far as user satisfaction is concerned :iphone:. Initially, it had connectivity issues but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confession of a geek, intro.

Confession of a geek, intro.

Two years ago I purchased the best thing I've ever purchased as far as user satisfaction is concerned :iphone:. Initially, it had connectivity issues but a software upgrade later 3G was working well. Dropped calls still plagued the device but its was not my devices fault. That said, the more I used this perfect device the less interesting it became. It was not very customizable nor were the upgrades significant. Being a computer tech in my past life I want to get into the meat and potatoes of things but alas this perfect little device only allowed me to tap on icons... thats it. With its massive app store my iPhone 3G served me well but boredom and especially, its rejection policies (gvoice was the last straw) has forced my hand. So as I eagerly await my new obsession :nexusx:, I am sure getting to know it will take time but we will take it slowly and make sure we get to understand each others needs. I wont carry the baggage from my past relationship into this new one.

Being serious, its one thing that I've noticed that has plagued the Mac forums and so called sites, blogs etc. They have been very biased to the point of sounding desperate in their condescension of Android. Maybe some people like to do more than tap icons on a screen. I know I do. As great as the iPhone is, its qute a bore as far as the device itself is concerned.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome....Great first post....

Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Welcome....Great first post....
    This goes double for me. I enjoyed reading your post, it gave me a few chuckles. That said, I look forward to reading more posts by you.
    Follow me at @Burlyskink
    Want a Lockerz invite? PM me

dandroid
    Welcome to the forum!

i completely agree with you. I loved my iphone but at the end of the day it bore me to death (and i had it pretty customized). Everyone in my industry has one and i just got tired of pressing that stupid middle button for everything

I also want to say that was an excellent post. Maybe you and your iPhone can still be friends.

Thanks for the welcome folks.
    Yes, Ill keep my iPhone. Its still an excellent device and has some apps that I can still use. For example there is an app I use in the gym and another to track my nutritional intake.
    I'll be searching for apps that can replace these and also, very importantly if anyone has programs that will allow it to sync or even be recognized by my Mac. Right now I have double twist but no phone as of yet so I dont know what the limitations are.

That's exactly why I couldn't use the iphone, haha.

The store's great, but when I tried it it didn't have copy/paste, no landscape keyboard, and still lacks customization.. I simply went back to my blackberry pearl, then to the TM506 sony ericsson, then to my G1.

Next on my list is the Nexus, as with my G1 I can swipe between homescreens for 15 minutes without getting bored, live wallpapers on the N1 will probably be programmable in the future (I plan on making some) and with rooting and some cool apps like metamorph you can really make the phone define 'you' as a person. =)

@rmstrong37 There's an application that syncs with the N1, and then syncs that to itunes.. I forget what it's called but I hear it's rather useful. I saw it somewhere on the forum, but a quick google would probably find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredu View Post
    @rmstrong37 There's an application that syncs with the N1, and then syncs that to itunes.. I forget what it's called but I hear it's rather useful. I saw it somewhere on the forum, but a quick google would probably find it.
    doubleTwist

Sync Android, PSP, BlackBerry, Pre: doubleTwist with Amazon MP3

What I like is that the issues are almost entirely software (the home etc. buttons being misaligned may or may not be though), and the software is opensource (when google get around to releasing the 2.1 source), so if google don't fix issues someone else will pretty quickly.. and if they don't I'll download the damned source myself and fix it No waiting 2.5 years for cut and paste with *this* phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links