how to get insurance for your nexus one

This is a discussion on how to get insurance for your nexus one within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I don't see why they don't let t-mobile cover it, it would be much more convenient just have it all under one bill, instead of ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how to get insurance for your nexus one

I don't see why they don't let t-mobile cover it, it would be much more convenient just have it all under one bill, instead of having the phone bill, and then another little 5 dollars a month bill. If your a person who usually doesn't get insurance, i think its smart to get phone insurance cause usually i always go through at least one phone. whether it starts acting up or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
    I don't see why they don't let t-mobile cover it, it would be much more convenient just have it all under one bill, instead of having the phone bill, and then another little 5 dollars a month bill. If your a person who usually doesn't get insurance, i think its smart to get phone insurance cause usually i always go through at least one phone. whether it starts acting up or whatever.
    check the previous page, someone said that they add it to your tmobile bill

I contacted T-Mobile a few minutes ago and they told me I could not get personal handset protection for my Nexus One. I asked them to double-check as I saw the phone listed on Asurion's web site, but they insisted that it was not covered.

Quote Originally Posted by mkde View Post
    I contacted T-Mobile a few minutes ago and they told me I could not get personal handset protection for my Nexus One. I asked them to double-check as I saw the phone listed on Asurion's web site, but they insisted that it was not covered.
    call asurion. not all the tmobile reps know what's going on. I talked to one that didn't know anything about the nexus. she asked if I bought it from tmobile

Quote Originally Posted by supsandroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mkde View Post
    call asurion. not all the tmobile reps know what's going on. I talked to one that didn't know anything about the nexus. she asked if I bought it from tmobile
    I decided to call T-Mobile back again before reading your post and I was put on the line with an agent who actually knew what was going on. I asked for personal handset protection (without specifying for what device) and she immediately replied, "is this for a Nexus One phone?" She then said it was covered and set up my PHP for the price listed on Asurion's site.

monque @ asurion told me it would be covered. but if they didn't have it in stock that they would give me cash::told her I would be pissed if I got a moto cliq. she assured me I wouldn’t:: so for 4.79 a month i feel like it is worth just to not have to carry it around in an armored case. she than transferred me to joe at t-mobile. Who said that since i was flex pay. i had to be transferred again to a different department and switched me over. than i talked Jayzle ::india I am guessing. I asked and she told me she wasn’t allowed to tell me where she was but her accent gave her away… :: who gave me two options one for 5.99 ::bundle:: and one for 4.79 ::which was on the asurion web site:: when i asked her the difference she than asked me the model when i said nexus one. she said that the bundle will not work with nexus one. but the 4.79 plan will work but i will have 2 pay 2 mouths of the insurance (9.58) than it will be covered... after giving her my credit card number 5 times she finally got it. But than the card was declined so they told me to go to a store to pay the amount. But I just paid it on my debit card but that one went through . So total time was about an hr or so.

I gave it to you in depth so that anyone here can see I am not troll, and u can get insurance. if they chose to cause we only have 14 days to do it so if you order it on the 5th like me you are running out of time ... post here tell me if everyone with flex pay gets sent to India.
    Ps did this while drinking so feel free to clean this up admins.

Quote Originally Posted by loser View Post
    monque @ asurion told me it would be covered. but if they didn't have it in stock that they would give me cash::told her I would be pissed if I got a moto cliq. she assured me I wouldn’t:: so for 4.79 a month i feel like it is worth just to not have to carry it around in an armored case. she than transferred me to joe at t-mobile. Who said that since i was flex pay. i had to be transferred again to a different department and switched me over. than i talked Jayzle ::india I am guessing. I asked and she told me she wasn’t allowed to tell me where she was but her accent gave her away… :: who gave me two options one for 5.99 ::bundle:: and one for 4.79 ::which was on the asurion web site:: when i asked her the difference she than asked me the model when i said nexus one. she said that the bundle will not work with nexus one. but the 4.79 plan will work but i will have 2 pay 2 mouths of the insurance (9.58) than it will be covered... after giving her my credit card number 5 times she finally got it. But than the card was declined so they told me to go to a store to pay the amount. But I just paid it on my debit card but that one went through . So total time was about an hr or so.

I gave it to you in depth so that anyone here can see I am not troll, and u can get insurance. if they chose to cause we only have 14 days to do it so if you order it on the 5th like me you are running out of time ... post here tell me if everyone with flex pay gets sent to India.
    Ps did this while drinking so feel free to clean this up admins.

Well glad you got it...Took me two tries only. The first time he was adding it and then the phone hung up..hmmmmm Yea i was pissed but called back got old lady who added it. No paying for 2 months "thats weird" and as i stated in a above post i chose the 5.99 so if it can be fixed i want have to pay the $130. I see these reps are no diffent then sprint...Everyone owns there on company within the call center....SMH

So let me get this straight I have to call T-Mobile to get this Asurion Insurance, and that's if they add it since most of them are unaware. Also say they do add it.. who do i call? T-Mobile or Asurion.

Reading through the Asurion contract, it appears they can replace your broken Nexus One with any phone they feel like. The contract doesn't even contain language that the replacement phone be comparable in any way.

i posted on another insurance thread, but good to get this info out there. Asurion is a rip off. I got insurance through State Farm. They also do my auto and renters insurance. Policy is for $529 + tax replacement value and it cost me $30 up front for the year. That's more than half of Asurion and my policy has $0 deductible and will send me money so that I can replace it. Covers nearly any and everything you can think of. Lost, stolen, damaged, dropped in toilet, you name it.

Check with your insurance company (possible multiline discount) or call State Farm or any of the other insurance providers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links