Asurion Insurance now Available for Nexus One

This is a discussion on Asurion Insurance now Available for Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by astros148 Originally Posted by joejohns I got coverage from State Farm (Personal Articles Policy) for $34 for one year with NO DEDUCTIBLE. ...

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Asurion Insurance now Available for Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by astros148 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joejohns View Post
    I got coverage from State Farm (Personal Articles Policy) for $34 for one year with NO DEDUCTIBLE.

They first quoted me $31 with a $100 deductible.
    When I saw the quote, it had a "$3 discount" for the deductible.
    So, I asked if I could get it without a deductible - and the answer was yes. $34.
    Deal.

GREAT deal really if insurance is actually used - FAR cheaper than ANY other alternative that I've heard of.
    Even if the insurance is NOT used, I'm out only $3 compared to the State Farm policy with $100 deductible. But, still significant savings over the Asurion policy or the SquareTrade semi-coverage.
    so you wouldnt have to pay a detuctible? sounds kinda too good to be true tbh
    that is the same deal i have. $34 a year no deductible.

It is actually a separate policy - Personal Articles Policy. If you have other high-value items (jewelry, furs, cameras, computers etc.) you could have one policy for all of them.

I do have auto & renters policies with State Farm (although it may not be necessary to have other policies with them.)

There are some limitations on coverage - like war, nuclear weapons being used....

And to answer the other reply post - yes, it really is NO deductible!

Quote Originally Posted by Nimblor View Post
    That is pretty cool. Is it a rider on your homeowners policy? Do you have other coverage through State Farm or is this it? What state do you live in? What is NOT covered by the policy?
    Quote Originally Posted by joejohns View Post
    I got coverage from State Farm (Personal Articles Policy) for $34 for one year with NO DEDUCTIBLE.

They first quoted me $31 with a $100 deductible.
    When I saw the quote, it had a "$3 discount" for the deductible.
    So, I asked if I could get it without a deductible - and the answer was yes. $34.
    Deal.

GREAT deal really if insurance is actually used - FAR cheaper than ANY other alternative that I've heard of.
    Even if the insurance is NOT used, I'm out only $3 compared to the State Farm policy with $100 deductible. But, still significant savings over the Asurion policy or the SquareTrade semi-coverage.

how do they replace it?

FYI, I just called my State Farm agent (Detroit MI area) and they recently took away Cell phones under the "Personal Articles Policy" so that insurance is no longer available. Guess they wised up...

Quote Originally Posted by mguindon10 View Post
    FYI, I just called my State Farm agent (Detroit MI area) and they recently took away Cell phones under the "Personal Articles Policy" so that insurance is no longer available. Guess they wised up...
    Unless it is different by region.....state farm still offers it. I just got my approval papers from them on friday

Interesting...where abouts you from? Maybe I need to call a different agent. I'll call around and see what I can come up with and let you guys know.

Interesting...where abouts you from? Maybe I need to call a different agent. I'll call around and see what I can come up with and let you guys know.
    From Indianapolis. My agent told me that some agents probably believe that they don't insure phones because of a memo that went out stating that they do not insure the iphone. The phone value has to be more than $500 and therefore the iphone and most phones do not qualify. I would find a new agent or tell your agent to call their underwriting department.

Quote Originally Posted by RalphieSpeaks View Post
    From Indianapolis. My agent told me that some agents probably believe that they don't insure phones because of a memo that went out stating that they do not insure the iphone. The phone value has to be more than $500 and therefore the iphone and most phones do not qualify. I would find a new agent or tell your agent to call their underwriting department.
    So an update, you hit the head on the nail about the $500 or more value in order to do a personal articles policy. As soon as I told them what the phone cost they said it was doable. $30/year with $100 deductible if you don't have any other policies with them or $34/year with NO deductible if you DO have a policy with them. So I went ahead and signed up! Way cheaper than any other insurance I've found.

Thanks for the help

jah
    So an update, you hit the head on the nail about the $500 or more value in order to do a personal articles policy. As soon as I told them what the phone cost they said it was doable. $30/year with $100 deductible if you don't have any other policies with them or $34/year with NO deductible if you DO have a policy with them. So I went ahead and signed up! Way cheaper than any other insurance I've found.

Thanks for the help
    What does it actually cover? Just lost/stolen/unusable?

Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post

Thanks for the help
    What does it actually cover? Just lost/stolen/unusable?
    Yeah that would be handy to know.. If it lasts half as long as my current phone I'd be interested too, but that's a big if..

State farm? Those guys have been non-stop bugging me since I tried to save a few bucks with one of those on-line auto insurance quotes. I'll go dig up the last email they sent and see if they try to offer me anything for phone insurance.

Seriously, even if you paid the full $600 for the Nexus one, and you broke it just out of warranty (one year?), would it be worth the insurance price + deductible when we're all early adopters? Hmm..

Something to consider for sure?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links