Asurion Insurance now Available for Nexus One

This is a discussion on Asurion Insurance now Available for Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by CavyN1 just bought insurance through my auto/renters, State Farm, as an additional policy for $30.00 for year, no deductible. covers loss, stolen, ...

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Asurion Insurance now Available for Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by CavyN1 View Post
    just bought insurance through my auto/renters, State Farm, as an additional policy for $30.00 for year, no deductible. covers loss, stolen, damage, drop in toilet, you name it.

i mentioned Asurion and my agent laughed at what a rip off they are.

call your insurance to see what deal you get for multi-line. else, call State Farm and see what they can do for you.

This is correct. DON'T sign up for an additional phone plan. That is a joke. Home owners OR Renter's insurance will cover the loss/theft of devices. It is usually 15-30$/year total, depending on your history and area.

If you drop/damage your phone and it breaks, just claim that you lost it. the 130$ deductible guarantees you'll never be able to profit from that other policy anyways.

And remember, having insurance doesn't mean squat unless you know they're good about helping with claims. Go with a major organization that you have other accounts with. This is a minor amount of money for them, and they'll work with you to keep your bigger business (home, auto, etc..).

Also: You can get a lot of replacement parts from HTC cheaply. Screens and back covers are only 30-50$, and easy to replace.

so two days ago my nexus was stolen from me....and i was pissed....but when i signed up for tmobile in january they offered me the asurion insurance for about 5 bucks a month, and of course i jumped on that gravy train......well thank god i did because after filing a claim today they contacted me back and said they would get back to me within 24 hours for payment options and the "new" phone will be overnighted once payment is received ...............my only question is will i be getting a shiney new phone? or a refurbed one? and is the deductible really 130? i will keep you posted as to what goes on

This website is very usefull.

nexus is great community.

If so you are surely aware that Apple has released the ipad today

Quote Originally Posted by brucel1981 View Post
    so two days ago my nexus was stolen from me....and i was pissed....but when i signed up for tmobile in january they offered me the asurion insurance for about 5 bucks a month, and of course i jumped on that gravy train......well thank god i did because after filing a claim today they contacted me back and said they would get back to me within 24 hours for payment options and the "new" phone will be overnighted once payment is received ...............my only question is will i be getting a shiney new phone? or a refurbed one? and is the deductible really 130? i will keep you posted as to what goes on
    It will be a new phone because i just called them yesterday and they told me that the phone is so new that they do not have any refurb models available...may in the next year or so.

For those wondering, State Farm of Florida will no longer cover any Cellphones thanks to the iphone.

... thanks again Apple.

Note* This may be different in your area. I asked a second time because they claim they still insure phones on their main website. "It's on a state by state basis".

I just checked out squaretrade and they have a NexusOne Specific Price online right now Nexus One Insurance Alternative | Nexus One Warranty | Nexus One Extended Warranty | Insurance Alternative for Nexus One | SquareTrade Warranties

Going to look into my homeowners policy too.

Quote Originally Posted by brucel1981 View Post
    brucel1981: C'mon, it's June already! How did this turn out?

Quote Originally Posted by fiercefire View Post
    For those wondering, State Farm of Florida will no longer cover any Cellphones thanks to the iphone.

... thanks again Apple.

Note* This may be different in your area. I asked a second time because they claim they still insure phones on their main website. "It's on a state by state basis".
    dang i was going to inquire about this but since im in FL nevermind

[quote=hpyan;62632]How do you actually sign up for it? I'm not seeing that option anywhere. Through t-mobile or assurion?

It's a crazy plan, but it's better than nothing
    ]

Just call Tmobile and ask them to put on PHP insurance. That's what the feature is called. Its 4.79$ a month and requires a $130 deductible if u lose the phone, break it, water damage, whatever

Smile Asurion Insurance now Available for Nexus One

thanks backnblack for insurance information.
    Swarovski Crystal Jewelry

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links