Asurion Insurance now Available for Nexus One

This is a discussion on Asurion Insurance now Available for Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by jimbobalu Any opinions on SquareTrade? Asurion - $143.76 for 2 years ($5.99/month) with a $130 deductible. SquareTrade - $76.80 for 2 years ...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Asurion Insurance now Available for Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobalu View Post
    Any opinions on SquareTrade?
    Asurion - $143.76 for 2 years ($5.99/month) with a $130 deductible.

SquareTrade - $76.80 for 2 years (lump sum) with a $50 deductible and a coverage limit of $399.99.

In the long run they seem about the same.

SquareTrade does not cover loss or theft!!

Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post
    Ok, that was funny. I called t-mobile just now, and they said I can't have insurance for the N1. I told her to check asurion's website. Apparently they haven't yet told employees that it's an option.

She hooked me up in no time after I told her she could. :-)
    I called and the girl said they are unable to add it to the Nexus One. I asked her to look into it and she said the system refuses to let them add it, because it is not a t-mobile supported/sold phone. I'm gonna try calling back till i get someone who will do it for me.

The notification that Asurion covers the Nexus One was found via Asurion, not T-Mobile, so there may be some difficulties getting a rep to add it.

Do not add the PHP Bundle at $5.99. This includes an extended warranty from T-Mobile that will be of no use, as HTC/Google will be handling warranty issues.

Add the $4.79 PHP Insurance option.

Quote Originally Posted by VDUBcub View Post
    The notification that Asurion covers the Nexus One was found via Asurion, not T-Mobile, so there may be some difficulties getting a rep to add it.

Do not add the PHP Bundle at $5.99. This includes an extended warranty from T-Mobile that will be of no use, as HTC/Google will be handling warranty issues.

ahhhh thanks for the info,they signed me up for the 5.99 plan

jah
    They signed me up for the $6, too. Thanks.

And for anyone having trouble, you have to tell them that it's listed as a google phone, not htc.

jah
    Quote Originally Posted by VDUBcub View Post

Can you give us a link about this?

Quote Originally Posted by mkde View Post

SquareTrade - $76.80 for 2 years (lump sum) with a $50 deductible and a coverage limit of $399.99.

I posted this in the T-Mobile forums. Check my work?

==========

As far as the difference between T-Mobile/Asurian PHP versus Squaretrade, the biggest difference I see is that Squaretrade does NOT cover loss or theft, whereas the PHP does. Otherwise, the costs are in the same ballpark:

1) PHP Insurance only (the price quoted if you select Google->Nexus One at T-Mobile Program Information ): $4.79/month *24 months + $130 deductible = $244.96 for a new phone

2) Squaretrade cell phone insurance ( Cell Phone Insurance | Cellphone Insurance | Mobile Phone Insurance | Cell Phone Warranty | Cellphone Warranty ): $76.80 + ( $529 - $399 ) + $50 = $256.80 for a new phone

3) PHP Insurance + Warranty bundle: $5.99/month *24 months + $130 deductible = $273.96 for a new phone

(Note: Squaretrade's $399 payment cap is the exact same as the PHP's $130 deductible; however, Squaretrade deducts another $50 if the claim is for accidental damage.)

Again, PHP is still better because they seem to cover accidents AND loss/theft, while Squaretrade only covers accidents. I think.

Comments, corrections?

EDIT: I've been told that the point of option 3) is that it will extend HTC's one year warranty for as long as you carry the PHP insurance. Is that true?

For current T-Mobile (TMO) customers: According to some of the discussion at the TMO forums, it sounds like TMO customers who already had a PHP plan with their existing accounts, can simply enjoy continued coverage for their new Nexus One phones. However, current TMO customers who did NOT have a PHP plan for their accounts (before they bought a Nexus One) can not add PHP upon purchasing a Nexus One.

I have personally tried with TMO representatives on the phone and on their online chat service; both said they could not add insurance for me (as of Jan 11, 2010). However, it may still be possible to call Asurion directly (1-866-268-7221 ; ask to be transferred to their Enrollment Department) and ask them to start an insurance plan. I haven't confirmed this yet, as I haven't received my Nexus One yet. The Asurion representative told me to call back when I get my phone, as they need the phone's IMEI number. Hope to confirm tomorrow.

If anyone else is in this situation like me (an existing TMO customer who did not have insurance on their old phones, but would like insurance on the Nexus One), have you tried getting insurance from Asurion directly? Were they able to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiorenzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mkde View Post

I posted this in the T-Mobile forums. Check my work?

==========

As far as the difference between T-Mobile/Asurian PHP versus Squaretrade, the biggest difference I see is that Squaretrade does NOT cover loss or theft, whereas the PHP does. Otherwise, the costs are in the same ballpark:

1) PHP Insurance only (the price quoted if you select Google->Nexus One at T-Mobile Program Information ): $4.79/month *24 months + $130 deductible = $244.96 for a new phone

2) Squaretrade cell phone insurance ( Cell Phone Insurance | Cellphone Insurance | Mobile Phone Insurance | Cell Phone Warranty | Cellphone Warranty ): $76.80 + ( $529 - $399 ) + $50 = $256.80 for a new phone

3) PHP Insurance + Warranty bundle: $5.99/month *24 months + $130 deductible = $273.96 for a new phone

(Note: Squaretrade's $399 payment cap is the exact same as the PHP's $130 deductible; however, Squaretrade deducts another $50 if the claim is for accidental damage.)

Again, PHP is still better because they seem to cover accidents AND loss/theft, while Squaretrade only covers accidents. I think.

Comments, corrections?

EDIT: I've been told that the point of option 3) is that it will extend HTC's one year warranty for as long as you carry the PHP insurance. Is that true?

For current T-Mobile (TMO) customers: According to some of the discussion at the TMO forums, it sounds like TMO customers who already had a PHP plan with their existing accounts, can simply enjoy continued coverage for their new Nexus One phones. However, current TMO customers who did NOT have a PHP plan for their accounts (before they bought a Nexus One) can not add PHP upon purchasing a Nexus One.

I have personally tried with TMO representatives on the phone and on their online chat service; both said they could not add insurance for me (as of Jan 11, 2010). However, it may still be possible to call Asurion directly (1-866-268-7221 ; ask to be transferred to their Enrollment Department) and ask them to start an insurance plan. I haven't confirmed this yet, as I haven't received my Nexus One yet. The Asurion representative told me to call back when I get my phone, as they need the phone's IMEI number. Hope to confirm tomorrow.

If anyone else is in this situation like me (an existing TMO customer who did not have insurance on their old phones, but would like insurance on the Nexus One), have you tried getting insurance from Asurion directly? Were they able to do it?
    I just got off the phone with Tmobile. The girl on the phone said "Wow, you're the first person that's called with that phone...do you like it?" Anyway, she added it with no problems. $5.99/month. I called 877-746-0909.

Just got it myself.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links