Asurion Insurance now Available for Nexus One

This is a discussion on Asurion Insurance now Available for Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Do you have to get the Asurion insurance through TMO? Can I get it directly from Asurion if I don't use TMO? Thanks...

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Asurion Insurance now Available for Nexus One

Do you have to get the Asurion insurance through TMO? Can I get it directly from Asurion if I don't use TMO? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobalu View Post
    Do you have to get the Asurion insurance through TMO? Can I get it directly from Asurion if I don't use TMO? Thanks
    Good question; I don't know. I've only been talking to other TMO customers about this on the TMO forums. I would call Asurion at 1-866-268-7221, ask to be transferred to Enrollment, and ask.

I called T-Mobile (US) last night and they covered my Nexus One for insurance, no problem whatsoever. I merely told them I have a Nexus One; they canceled the insurance on my G1 and added the N1.

EDIT: I did NOT buy the phone from T-Mobile, but they covered it anyway.

So if anything happens I get $399 for a new phone, correct?

Do I buy that phone from my local T-Mobile store? Will they be able to get me a Nexus One? Is it covered if I brick the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Spydaz View Post
    Just call ASURION Direct. Here is the # that you need to call:1-866-268-7221

I JUST ADDED IT TO MY PLAN THIS WAY, They told me NO PROBLEM there is insurance offered for the NEXUS ONE, complete insurance for $4.69 per month with a $130 from what i recall..
    I was able to add it this way, thanks!

An actual conversation today with a T-Mobile rep from the support chat session:

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
    You have been connected to ~David H.
    ~David H: Hello Joseph, Thank you for contacting T-mobile chat. My name is David and my Rep ID is 1320811. Please give me a moment to review your question. How are you doing today?
    Joe: Hi David
    Joe: good
    ~David H: How may I assist you with the PHP bundle for the Nexus One.
    ~David H: Sorry, Insurance.
    Joe: There is a lot of confusion as to whether or not it is possible to insure the new phone thru T-Mobile
    Joe: If I purchase the phone thru Google "unlocked" and without contract, then purchase a T-Mobile plan.... can I get a PHP??
    ~David H: You can use the PHP Insurance for $4.79. You just cannot get the added warranty through us as this is being handled by Google.
    Joe: ok... so i will be covered for accidental damage, theft, and loss
    Joe: ?
    ~David H: Yes, this is what the insurance will cover you for.
    Joe: excellent... so what is the process i must go thru once I purchase the unlocked Nexus One from google for $525, then purchase the "Even More Plus" plan...?
    ~David H: You will have to have your credit run to see what kind of account you qualify for and activate the phone and can do this through Activations.
    Joe: ok... but can I still do this without getting an annual contract??
    ~David H: Yes, the Even More Plus plans have no contracts.
    Joe: excellent.... What number do I call to have the phone activated and the PHP applied (with my credit check)?
    ~David H: You can call 1-800-937-8997.
    Joe: Thanks very much.... Do you mind if I copy and paste this conversation into the "nexusone" and T-Mobile forums that have been the source of so much confusion regarding the Google Nexus One and T-Mobile PHP Insurance?
    ~David H: You are welcome. You can do whatever you wish do with this conversation. if will help other people with questions. Joseph, is there anything else I can assist you with today?
    Joe: Nope... you have been a great help. Thanks.. Bye

just bought insurance through my auto/renters, State Farm, as an additional policy for $30.00 for year, no deductible. covers loss, stolen, damage, drop in toilet, you name it.

i mentioned Asurion and my agent laughed at what a rip off they are.

call your insurance to see what deal you get for multi-line. else, call State Farm and see what they can do for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dlaciv12 View Post
    So if anything happens I get $399 for a new phone, correct?

Do I buy that phone from my local T-Mobile store? Will they be able to get me a Nexus One? Is it covered if I brick the phone?
    Bricked...or "defective" shouldn't matter.
    Microsoft Product Adviser
    :nexusx:Android Developer

Stupid question: Why to insure now, if the phone is under warranty for at list year?

Quote Originally Posted by Newthron View Post
    Stupid question: Why to insure now, if the phone is under warranty for at list year?
    Warranty issues and Insurance are 2 different things. Warranty doesn't cover if you drop the phone and the screen breaks. Insurance does. Think cars, if you get in an accident, your warranty doesn't cover repairs, insurance does.

EDIT: and you can only insure a phone within the first 14 days of purchase.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links