Asurion Insurance now Available for Nexus One

This is a discussion on Asurion Insurance now Available for Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; DO NOT GET ASSURION INSURANCE! State Farm was able to insure my phone for 30$/year with 0 deductible, and full coverage on it. I didn't ...

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Asurion Insurance now Available for Nexus One

DO NOT GET ASSURION INSURANCE!

State Farm was able to insure my phone for 30$/year with 0 deductible, and full coverage on it.
    I didn't even have a policy w/ state farm until i got insurance on my N1.
    You might have to search around to find an agent that'll give you that policy, so do what i did:
    go to google maps, preferably on a computer, type in "State farm" and your zip code, and just call all the state farm agencies google lists for you and ask if they would insure your phone.
    I went through like 7 agents before I found one that would do it for me.

Just so you all know you may have insurance but you will not be getting the nexus one back if you file a claim as of today asurion does not carry the nexus one.

jah
    Quote Originally Posted by txstang View Post
    Just so you all know you may have insurance but you will not be getting the nexus one back if you file a claim as of today asurion does not carry the nexus one.
    wtf?

so all they will do is offer you another phone?

You will recive a phone of comparable retail value.but it will be a refurbished phone.

Will let you know when they start to carry them .

I don't know about you but I broke my phone on saturday put the claim in with Asurion that same night. I just got off the phone to see if I could get a status update and I was told I would be getting a new one. They usually will get you a refurbished phone but I've called Asurion so many times. I think they are getting sick of me because they end up having to direct me to Advanced customer care. All I can say is that if I don't get a N1 through insurance soon I'm going to cancel my insurance. It's worthless if you can't get a replacement in a timely manner. Which BTW I will post up my further experiences as things go along.
    PDA's to Windows Mobile to Android... G1 to Cliq to Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I don't know about you but I broke my phone on saturday put the claim in with Asurion that same night. I just got off the phone to see if I could get a status update and I was told I would be getting a new one. They usually will get you a refurbished phone but I've called Asurion so many times. I think they are getting sick of me because they end up having to direct me to Advanced customer care. All I can say is that if I don't get a N1 through insurance soon I'm going to cancel my insurance. It's worthless if you can't get a replacement in a timely manner. Which BTW I will post up my further experiences as things go along.
    Its has to suck! If they didn't send me money or a phone in 10 days i would report my credit card as stolen then call and cancel T-mobile. T-mobile and Google can both eat there ETF charges.

lol, I'm actually on the phone with HTC to see how much it is to get them to repair it. So here's the quick rundown from HTC repair services:

-Approximately 2 week turn around (could be more or less depending on how things go)
    -If it's the screen usually looking at @$240, however the techs there need to see it and write up an estimate.
    -Once a ticket is put in with the repair department HTC will send you a shipping label and then begins the Process.
    -Once a tech has determined what is wrong HTC will call you and email you a estimate
    -There is a $28 hold fee during this time. If for whatever reason you choose not to fix your phone you can have HTC send back the broken phone and HTC keeps the $28.

That's the basic info I got from making a call to HTC. I will mention that even the Operator at HTC said it might be a good idea to wait out the week and see if Asurion would come through. Mainly due to the next day delivery and the $130 charge.

I agree with that so Asurion has 3 days to get me a phone or some new news or I'm going to end up with two N1's by the end of next month. :P
    PDA's to Windows Mobile to Android... G1 to Cliq to Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    lol, I'm actually on the phone with HTC to see how much it is to get them to repair it. So here's the quick rundown from HTC repair services:

-Approximately 2 week turn around (could be more or less depending on how things go)
    -If it's the screen usually looking at @$240, however the techs there need to see it and write up an estimate.
    -Once a ticket is put in with the repair department HTC will send you a shipping label and then begins the Process.
    -Once a tech has determined what is wrong HTC will call you and email you a estimate
    -There is a $28 hold fee during this time. If for whatever reason you choose not to fix your phone you can have HTC send back the broken phone and HTC keeps the $28.

That's the basic info I got from making a call to HTC. I will mention that even the Operator at HTC said it might be a good idea to wait out the week and see if Asurion would come through. Mainly due to the next day delivery and the $130 charge.

I agree with that so Asurion has 3 days to get me a phone or some new news or I'm going to end up with two N1's by the end of next month. :P

Still no word from Asurian?

Assurion Insurance

I just received my policy from Assurion. All the Android phones they insure are listed in the policy, and Nexus One is NOT listed. It clearly states they have the right to replace the phone with one of their choosing if replacement is necessary.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links