Asurion Insurance now Available for Nexus One

This is a discussion on Asurion Insurance now Available for Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; for those of you keeping tabs on my little adventure... Asurion does cover the nexus one. I've been taking notes. I put the call in ...

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Asurion Insurance now Available for Nexus One

for those of you keeping tabs on my little adventure...
    Asurion does cover the nexus one. I've been taking notes. I put the call in on a Saturday one week ago give or take a day or two and have called a total of four times. The first two times I talked to a rep. The third time I talked with a rep who said that Asurion was upgrading their system and that I should call back. On the fourth call I got a computer message saying that I would receive status updates every 72 hours. Needless to say, the backorder of 3-7 days is N1.

So naturally I got a little angry and put a call in to htc to get my phone fixed. The phone went out today. I hope it comes back soon. I'll probably cancel the insurance ticket. I was told id get a new phone but it is taking a rediculously long time.

I will be cancelling my insurance after this. Honestly I really haven't saved any money by having it. I've probably spent more money on it then it was worth.

More updates later. I miss my phone best piece of hardware I've owned in years.
    PDA's to Windows Mobile to Android... G1 to Cliq to Nexus One

if i bought my 9700 with t-mobile and i got it with insurance, is there a way i can get that insurance transferred to my nexus one?

Quote Originally Posted by SubyWill View Post
    if i bought my 9700 with t-mobile and i got it with insurance, is there a way i can get that insurance transferred to my nexus one?
    As far as I know my insurance transfered over to the N1 without my knowledge.

I'm a little mad at the moment especially since I just found out there was a OTA adding native multitouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SubyWill View Post
    As far as I know my insurance transfered over to the N1 without my knowledge.

I'm a little mad at the moment especially since I just found out there was a OTA adding native multitouch.
    ok thanks, you don't have your n1 anymore?

Anyone had a good experience with Asurian getting another Nexus One yet???

Just got my phone back a day or two ago. HTC service and repair is great! I'm still waiting to hear from Asurion.

I'm seriously thinking about cancelling the insurance after the horrible way I'm now directed to a teleprompt telling me I'll receive 72 hour updates. So far I'm three weeks out from the original call, 4 phone calls, still no word (including updates). I've been paying for insurance for a year or so. So I understand that it sucks for them but what have I been paying for?

Anyway, let me just say when I got my phone back from HTC it not only was cheaper then insurance but I also got it back in less then a week and a half. When I opened the box it was packed and wrapped up like it was brand new too.

Needless to say I'm happy to be back in the N1 fold.

Just got my phone back a day or two ago. HTC service and repair is great! I'm still waiting to hear from Asurion.

I'm seriously thinking about cancelling the insurance after the horrible way I'm now directed to a teleprompt telling me I'll receive 72 hour updates. So far I'm three weeks out from the original call, 4 phone calls, still no word (including updates). I've been paying for insurance for a year or so. So I understand that it sucks for them but what have I been paying for?

Anyway, let me just say when I got my phone back from HTC it not only was cheaper then insurance but I also got it back in less then a week and a half. When I opened the box it was packed and wrapped up like it was brand new too.

Needless to say I'm happy to be back in the N1 fold.

So what ended up being wrong with your phone and what was the cost for repair?

Broke the screen under the digitizer. $115. Shipped. HTC +1 Asurion 0

Quote Originally Posted by DavidPrime View Post
    DO NOT GET ASSURION INSURANCE!

State Farm was able to insure my phone for 30$/year with 0 deductible, and full coverage on it.
    I didn't even have a policy w/ state farm until i got insurance on my N1.
    You might have to search around to find an agent that'll give you that policy, so do what i did:
    go to google maps, preferably on a computer, type in "State farm" and your zip code, and just call all the state farm agencies google lists for you and ask if they would insure your phone.
    I went through like 7 agents before I found one that would do it for me.
    Talked to my State Farm Agent today and he said it is not so much the agent as it is underwriting. And as long as the cost of replacement is $400 or more they will do it. He also said that about $30 a year sounds about right and that we will have a quote for me when I meet with him next week. What I really like about this is their personal article policy covers "mysterious disappearance" which some insurance companies use to get out of paying.

I don't know about you but I broke my phone on saturday put the claim in with Asurion that same night. I just got off the phone to see if I could get a status update and I was told I would be getting a new one. They usually will get you a refurbished phone but I've called Asurion so many times. I think they are getting sick of me because they end up having to direct me to Advanced customer care. All I can say is that if I don't get a N1 through insurance soon I'm going to cancel my insurance. It's worthless if you can't get a replacement in a timely manner. Which BTW I will post up my further experiences as things go along.
    what did you do with the old phone? did you have to send it to them?!
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links