Asurion Insurance now Available for Nexus One

This is a discussion on Asurion Insurance now Available for Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Well I tried the State Farm thing and they will not insure the cell phone. Multiple places said State Farm no longer insures cell phones ...

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Asurion Insurance now Available for Nexus One

Well I tried the State Farm thing and they will not insure the cell phone. Multiple places said State Farm no longer insures cell phones at all, even if you have home insurance with them and want to insure a personal belonging they wouldn't do it. I told them people are getting it done and they said it's a mistake by the agent and underwriter and that maybe they consider it a laptop or something. No idea but they said if they did insure it for me pretending they don't know it's a cell phone then they when/if a claim is needed then there's a good chance they wouldn't cover it and just pay me back the amount I paid for the insurance. I might try some more locations but so far it's not looking or sounding good.

Odd...mine is insured by state farm and is listed as a cell phone.

Did you already have cell phone insurance with them from the past?

Nope I signed up a week ago.....my agent just said it had to be over 400 dollars. Guess we will see if underwriting would turn it down.

Do you live in Texas by any chance? I need the hookup, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
    Do you live in Texas by any chance? I need the hookup, lol.
    No I don't.....and hopefully my agent is right. If I get turned down Cuz he didn't know the rules I will be am unhappy customer for him.

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I don't know about you but I broke my phone on saturday put the claim in with Asurion that same night. I just got off the phone to see if I could get a status update and I was told I would be getting a new one. They usually will get you a refurbished phone but I've called Asurion so many times. I think they are getting sick of me because they end up having to direct me to Advanced customer care. All I can say is that if I don't get a N1 through insurance soon I'm going to cancel my insurance. It's worthless if you can't get a replacement in a timely manner. Which BTW I will post up my further experiences as things go along.
    what did you do with the old phone? did you have to send it to them?!
    I had HTC fix my phone for $115 and got it back a little while ago. Cancelling insurance soon.
    PDA's to Windows Mobile to Android... G1 to Cliq to Nexus One

I don't know about you but I broke my phone on saturday put the claim in with Asurion that same night. I just got off the phone to see if I could get a status update and I was told I would be getting a new one. They usually will get you a refurbished phone but I've called Asurion so many times. I think they are getting sick of me because they end up having to direct me to Advanced customer care. All I can say is that if I don't get a N1 through insurance soon I'm going to cancel my insurance. It's worthless if you can't get a replacement in a timely manner. Which BTW I will post up my further experiences as things go along.
    I had HTC fix my phone for $115 and got it back a little while ago. Cancelling insurance soon.
    yea i got that, but my point was initially when u called and told them it was broken, did they say send it in or something like that? Because if they dont require you to send the old phone in i might still be able to sell it on ebay for parts and recover some of the money for the deductable?!
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

yea i got that, but my point was initially when u called and told them it was broken, did they say send it in or something like that? Because if they dont require you to send the old phone in i might still be able to sell it on ebay for parts and recover some of the money for the deductable?!
    Lol, my bad. They sent me a shipping label and I sent it back. The IMEI and Serial Numbers are the same so I know they didn't pull the ol switcharoo.
    PDA's to Windows Mobile to Android... G1 to Cliq to Nexus One

Lol, my bad. They sent me a shipping label and I sent it back. The IMEI and Serial Numbers are the same so I know they didn't pull the ol switcharoo.
    lol not HTC im talking about Asurion, did they require you to do something like that haha
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links