T-Mobile vs. Verizon Nexus One

This is a discussion on T-Mobile vs. Verizon Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by NexusWon Originally Posted by mach330 verizon will be better. if it's just like the droid with $30/mo data plan. 3g is gonna ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile vs. Verizon Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by NexusWon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mach330 View Post
    verizon will be better. if it's just like the droid with $30/mo data plan. 3g is gonna be really good. i'm holding out for the n1 for verizon.
    $30 a month data plans? Where's that? I've only seen the Droid with the combined voice and data plan that's $89 for 900 or $109 for unlimited minutes. And their "unlimited" data is supposed to be capped to 5 Gb a month, so it's not really unlimited at all. And they charge extra for tethering. And for visual voicemail (although I think t-Mobile might do this too? I thought I read that somewhere). All these extra charges/restrictions are what drive me nuts with Verizon.

So, I guess my first question should have been -- Does anyone on here actually like T-Mobile's service? I'm kinda surprised by the response to this so far and it has me second guessing going with T-Mobile now instead of waiting for Verizon's "spring 2010" date in the distant future.
    Its been proven they do not have the 5gb cap. They will only suspend your internet if they find out your tethering without the feature

I haven't seen any dates yet for the N1 on VZW, but I expect they are fast tracking it with HTC. Verizon has a good relationship with HTC. Many older Verizon branded smartphones were made by HTC before they started using their own brand.

I would assume Google will offer both "unlocked" and "subsidized" CDMA N1s for use with Verizon. Phone pricing will probably be similar to what's currently being offered for the gsm version. VZW allows customers to sign up for month to month (no contract) service, when providing their own equipment, so there is an advantage to the unsubsidized phone.

Its also possible that HTC could make a "global" N1 for Verizon that would support both CDMA and GSM, as several of HTC's current VZW smartphones have this capability.

Plan pricing is a bit higher on VZW than T-Mobile. Basically you combine a voice plan (29.99 to 99.99) with the 29.99 unlimited smartphone data feature. There's also an unlimited data and messaging plan with no minutes for 54.99. Any normal voice calls on this latter plan are .25 per minute.

Quote Originally Posted by VZW RSR View Post
    I haven't seen any dates yet for the N1 on VZW, but I expect they are fast tracking it with HTC. Verizon has a good relationship with HTC. Many older Verizon branded smartphones were made by HTC before they started using their own brand.

I would assume Google will offer both "unlocked" and "subsidized" CDMA N1s for use with Verizon. Phone pricing will probably be similar to what's currently being offered for the gsm version. VZW allows customers to sign up for month to month (no contract) service, when providing their own equipment, so there is an advantage to the unsubsidized phone.

Its also possible that HTC could make a "global" N1 for Verizon that would support both CDMA and GSM, as several of HTC's current VZW smartphones have this capability.

Plan pricing is a bit higher on VZW than T-Mobile. Basically you combine a voice plan (29.99 to 99.99) with the 29.99 unlimited smartphone data feature. There's also an unlimited data and messaging plan with no minutes for 54.99. Any normal voice calls on this latter plan are .25 per minute.
    Are the rates somewhat discounted with unlocked equipment? Or do they sell services priced the same for locked and unlocked equipment?

Quote Originally Posted by VZW RSR View Post
    I don't think HTC is the issue. Someone in the Q&A panel stated that the verizon version would be available as soon as Google could make their store interface with Verizon (or something like that).

I'd bet that the CDMA version of the phone was already done by the time the N1 came out.

Are the rates somewhat discounted with unlocked equipment? Or do they sell services priced the same for locked and unlocked equipment?

Unless there is a change in pricing policy, rates are the same for subsidized and customer provided equipment.

Cool Re: is anyone really happy with T-Mobile

I can say that I am absolutely happy with T-Mibile. Here in Florida the service is awesome, 3G is fast and robust and it is true that their customer service is informative and friendly, their tech support for my G1 is outstanding.

As an example Saturday I called T-Mobile because I still have several months before I am elegible for a fully substidized phone and my current plan (family plan sharing 1500 minutes, two G1s, with two seperate data plans, both lines have myfaves, free T-Mobile to T-Mobile, and of course free nights and weekends) is far better then the T-Mobile plan that Google is offering for the subsidized Nexus One. I called customer service department and they were very sympathetic but not much help, actually the CS rep told me that they get an agerage of 50 calls ea. per shift with customers inquiring about the Nexus One. I asked to be transferred to the CUSTOMER RETENTION DEPARTMENT and they were extremely helpful. Since I have been with T-Mobile for some time they offered the fully subsidized pricing option ($179.00 from Google) and further stated that after ordering my Nexus One from Google, just to call them and they would gladly switch me back to my old plan. As I have stated in my previous posts current T-Mobile customers should always ask for the CUSTOMER RENTION DEPARTMENT as they always try to make sure that their customers are happy. The CS reps, although very friendly are somewhat limited in authority.

(NOTE: I do not work for T-Mobile and in no way have any kind of personal relationship with them, I am just a very satisified customer)

Please let us know how that goes. I'd be interested to see if it will trigger Google's own high priced ETF, if you go the subsidized route I mean.

verizon will be better. if it's just like the droid with $30/mo data plan. 3g is gonna be really good. i'm holding out for the n1 for verizon.
    $30 a month data plans? Where's that? I've only seen the Droid with the combined voice and data plan that's $89 for 900 or $109 for unlimited minutes. And their "unlimited" data is supposed to be capped to 5 Gb a month, so it's not really unlimited at all. And they charge extra for tethering. And for visual voicemail (although I think t-Mobile might do this too? I thought I read that somewhere). All these extra charges/restrictions are what drive me nuts with Verizon.

So, I guess my first question should have been -- Does anyone on here actually like T-Mobile's service?
    I'm kinda surprised by the response to this so far and it has me second guessing going with T-Mobile now instead of waiting for Verizon's "spring 2010" date in the distant future.
    sorry..what i meant was to get the data plan, you just need to add $30/mo for it. you can choose whatever other plan you have. but vzw is usually $10-15/mo more than other carriers. most of my friends with tmo, does not like it's service. but i guess if you have good coverage on your area, it's hard to say no to a cheaper and faster service.

Coming from the Storm 1 im chomping at the bit for the N1. The data plan cant be more expensive then the crappy BIS plan that goes out twice a month....

Waiting for the N1 on Verizon

So, I guess my first question should have been -- Does anyone on here actually like T-Mobile's service?
    I'm kinda surprised by the response to this so far and it has me second guessing going with T-Mobile now instead of waiting for Verizon's "spring 2010" date in the distant future.

Verizon data on the Droid is unlimited. The 5GB cap is for netbooks and air cards, I think it pertains to tethering on their devices that offer tethering through verizon too but am not sure. This has been confirmed on Droidforums.net.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links