T-Mobile vs. Verizon Nexus One

This is a discussion on T-Mobile vs. Verizon Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by NexusWon And their "unlimited" data is supposed to be capped to 5 Gb a month, so it's not really unlimited at all ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile vs. Verizon Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by NexusWon View Post
    And their "unlimited" data is supposed to be capped to 5 Gb a month, so it's not really unlimited at all

There is no "Cap" on the data plans at VZW for Smartphones, The only Caps they have are for USB Modems and Tethering.

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    And their "unlimited" data is supposed to be capped to 5 Gb a month, so it's not really unlimited at all

There is no "Cap" on the data plans at VZW for Smartphones, The only Caps they have are for USB Modems and Tethering.

Limiting mobile phone tethering sounds like a limited data plan to me, but maybe we're just cheering for different teams.

Has T-mobile locked down their "unlimited" plans too? I haven't seen a clear answer. I did come across a post from a year an a half ago that they were locking down the T-Mobile usb modem data plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post

Limiting mobile phone tethering sounds like a limited data plan to me, but maybe we're just cheering for different teams.

Has T-mobile locked down their "unlimited" plans too? I haven't seen a clear answer. I did come across a post from a year an a half ago that they were locking down the T-Mobile usb modem data plans.
    Tethering plan is a separate plan from the unlimited smartphone plan.

If they put a cap than they have no rights of calling it unlimited. Verizon's doesn't have cap either. Its just to find out if they tether. If you do indeed exceed 5gb and they find your not tethering, they can't do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I can say that I am absolutely happy with T-Mibile. Here in Florida the service is awesome, 3G is fast and robust and it is true that their customer service is informative and friendly, their tech support for my G1 is outstanding.

As an example Saturday I called T-Mobile because I still have several months before I am elegible for a fully substidized phone and my current plan (family plan sharing 1500 minutes, two G1s, with two seperate data plans, both lines have myfaves, free T-Mobile to T-Mobile, and of course free nights and weekends) is far better then the T-Mobile plan that Google is offering for the subsidized Nexus One. I called customer service department and they were very sympathetic but not much help, actually the CS rep told me that they get an agerage of 50 calls ea. per shift with customers inquiring about the Nexus One. I asked to be transferred to the CUSTOMER RETENTION DEPARTMENT and they were extremely helpful. Since I have been with T-Mobile for some time they offered the fully subsidized pricing option ($179.00 from Google) and further stated that after ordering my Nexus One from Google, just to call them and they would gladly switch me back to my old plan. As I have stated in my previous posts current T-Mobile customers should always ask for the CUSTOMER RENTION DEPARTMENT as they always try to make sure that their customers are happy. The CS reps, although very friendly are somewhat limited in authority.

(NOTE: I do not work for T-Mobile and in no way have any kind of personal relationship with them, I am just a very satisified customer)

I am going to try this today, u have a PM thanx!

Verizon is changing the pricing structure (raising data prices):
    Verizon Wireless to overhaul its phone and data pricing plans Boy Genius Report

I wonder if this will push more people to T-Mobile?
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

bmo
    Have you been seeing all these incredibly annoying apple ads lately with that douche actor bragging about how his iphone is better than the droid (read AT&T is better than Verizon) because he can talk and go on the web at the same time?

I dunno if this is important to you at all but Tmobile can do voice and data, but i dont think the Verizon phone will be able to.

Frankly, though, how often would you use this besides answering a call during navigation or something...

Quote Originally Posted by bmo View Post
    Have you been seeing all these incredibly annoying apple ads lately with that douche actor bragging about how his iphone is better than the droid (read AT&T is better than Verizon) because he can talk and go on the web at the same time?

I dunno if this is important to you at all but Tmobile can do voice and data, but i dont think the Verizon phone will be able to.

Frankly, though, how often would you use this besides answering a call during navigation or something...
    Yea, that's a very good point.

Does anyone with a Droid have info on this? If you take a call while you're looking something up on google maps, does it shut down your app or detrimentally affect you (besides not being able to talk and surf at the same time)?
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by bmo View Post

Yea, that's a very good point.

Does anyone with a Droid have info on this? If you take a call while you're looking something up on google maps, does it shut down your app or detrimentally affect you (besides not being able to talk and surf at the same time)?
    nav keeps talking when you get a call. so yes..you can nav and talk at the same time. dammit..i sound like annoying luke wilson now. lol

I think it honestly depends on area. For certain areas T-Mobile gets perfect coverage and 3g. In other areas, tmo doesn't have ANY coverage. Verizon is more of a premium mobile SERVICE, having good coverage everywhere and in general being a better phone company.....

But there are pretty big price differences, and if verizon is gonna be putting limits and caps on their "unlimited" packages, that just unusuable for me. Tmobile is extremely affordable and gets close to perfect service 99% of the time where I live and travel, so it is ideal for ME. But others might not be this lucky and will have to go with verizon.

As far as multitasking, the nexus definitely can! I was on the phone with my bank while using gps and the teller was so confused by the robot lady giving directions as we talked. I also have been on a call while on the browser or aim. It's not generally useful other than being cool...
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links