Iphone Vs Android (Apps Market)

This is a discussion on Iphone Vs Android (Apps Market) within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; In nearly every review I read that compares iphone and nexus one there is a constant theme, the iPhone has more apps. This may be ...

Thread: Iphone Vs Android (Apps Market)

Iphone Vs Android (Apps Market)

In nearly every review I read that compares iphone and nexus one there is a constant theme, the iPhone has more apps. This may be true but I challenge anyone that has itunes installed to open it and search the apple app store for the word "fart". I then would ask you to count how many 'fart' applications there are and when you are done you will have an understanding about why Apple's 100,000 apps is really more like 30 to 50 thousand apps when you remove the useless ones.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Also andriod is not only new, it has had relatively little exposure, while apple has had lots of exposure and is matured. With the Nexus One I can see that all changing and andriod could over take apple, as it is open source and now installed on several high quality phones.

Agreed Stalker. Let's hope it grows and grows.

On a negative note Google have failed to get SDK's out for Android 2.1... which has annoyed many developers.

Probably means lots of current apps in the market wont run on the N1
    ... maybe not though as 2.1 isnt a huge upgrade from previous versions

They are also failing on many other points, especially after sale care

Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by viperman View Post
    On a negative note Google have failed to get SDK's out for Android 2.1... which has annoyed many developers.

Probably means lots of current apps in the market wont run on the N1
    ... maybe not though as 2.1 isnt a huge upgrade from previous versions
    Most of the apps should run on the N1 has android is pretty much backwards compatible as it gets. It is the opposite for apps coded for android 2.1 however, the market will filter those apps on the market on a device that is lower.
    Follow me at @Burlyskink
    Want a Lockerz invite? PM me

Hopefully the companies will now make apps for android as well. Is such a big market since several phones use this software.

Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Hopefully the companies will now make apps for android as well. Is such a big market since several phones use this software.
    Yea not to mention the fact that Android can really only grow. For instance, there has been so many new devices coming with Android that were announced at CES.
    Follow me at @Burlyskink

Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Yea not to mention the fact that Android can really only grow. For instance, there has been so many new devices coming with Android that were announced at CES.
    I found this surprising, actually...Android was originally a mobile OS, but from the products shown @ CES, it's like it's also a device OS (WinCE?) being used as a firmware, of sorts. Interesting stuff!
    Yup, I remember a blog post at androidandme about what android could be used for, and some of the people in the comments had some interesting ideas.
    Follow me at @Burlyskink

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links