Nexus One Good/Bad experience?

This is a discussion on Nexus One Good/Bad experience? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; To me, the hype factor was very overblown almost unfair to Google because well... it's Google that's putting out a product. Almost everyone 'expected' a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nexus One Good/Bad experience?

To me, the hype factor was very overblown almost unfair to Google because well... it's Google that's putting out a product. Almost everyone 'expected' a revolution and with the initial rumors of carriers, possible pricing, and all that and not a lot of it came out to be true. So in that sense, it didn't live up to the hype.

Aside from the pricing and all the other "hype" stuff, did it exceed my expectations? Absolutely. Like posts above, it's hands down the best handset I've ever owned. I did not expect it to be the device that changes everything. I did expect it to be a solid competition to a lot of other devices out there in it's class... which it did.

Is it a perfect device out right now for me? No, but I'd say it's 95% there. There are small little things I wish it had coming from Blackberry but a lot of it is trivial and not a deal-breaker. The upgrades far outweigh my nitpicks.

I've been fortunate enough to not be plagued with the mass reports of the EDGE/3G switching that's been circulating around the internet. 3G has been solid from me (aside from my office, which I blame the walls for. Right outside, its full bars).

Only bad experience I have right now is getting Google calendar to properly sync with Outlook which after researching today, seems to be a mass reported problem. I hope they fix that. But then again, I guess that's not really a Nexus One problem either...

It is a good phone. It's the fact that it was so overhyped, people doesn't view this phone that great since it wasn't within most expectations. Its going to be always like this. Everyone just going to hype a phone and it turns out its not living to its expectations and this phone just turned from being the best to ok. No one will ever be satisfied, it can always be better. People who are going to wait for the Bravo are going to be disappointed. Once that release day finally arrives something better is announced, than that phone just turned to being a great phone to a ok phone.

I would have to disagree with some of the others, and go ahead and say that this IS a game changing device.

Not only because of the hardware, but mainly because of the way Google has brought everything together and integrated it into the phone.

Google Maps, Google Voice, Google Goggles, Google Places, Google Sky, Google Search at the heart and nearly infinite financial resources to make it all happen....

Another reason it's gaming changing, is that it "unlocks" the phone to be used freely as you want.

Much like Apple never let anyone make clones (except that one time for a short time), they locked the iPhone, and became the gatekeepers of your phone.

I welcome the Google open model, much like PC clones in the early computer days.

It's taken a week for all of this to sink in, as everyday, my knowledge and experience with the phone grew exponentially.

Always connected and always on-line, is now a true reality, without being tied to your home internet connection.

I've been using Linux since the mid 90's, and I am very excited to finally see it hit the big times on our phones, as Android OS has now evolved into a very nice package.

Can't wait to compile and run Python on my N1

I think you'll notice a big difference from Symbian up to Android.

For anyone who's had an iPhone, the difference isn't so great and there's not so much of a wow factor. But yes, it's a very good phone indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by !!11oneone View Post

For anyone who's had an iPhone, the difference isn't so great and there's not so much of a wow factor. But yes, it's a very good phone indeed.
    What about for someone who owns a Droid?

I would give the phone a month or two and maybe a few updates before passing judgement. No lab can predict what real use will do.. Give them time to work through the bugs, google has a lot of very smart people working there... despite their robotic customer service

Quote Originally Posted by mapexvenus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by !!11oneone View Post

What about for someone who owns a Droid?
    Still a very nice upgrade. Only part I can't forget about is the display. Everyone else is wonderful! The whole feel of the phone is so good. The boxy design of the Droid didn't feel right in my hand..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links