Nexus One Good/Bad experience?

This is a discussion on Nexus One Good/Bad experience? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi Nexus One users. I am sitting here in Denmark full of envy towards America and the UK, you lucky onces got the priviledge to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Good/Bad experience?

Nexus One Good/Bad experience?

Hi Nexus One users.

I am sitting here in Denmark full of envy towards America and the UK, you lucky onces got the priviledge to buy the Nexus One while I sit here excited and pray Google will open up for shipment to my country.
    In my serch for reviews, applications, Nexus One vs iphone fights and what not, I have come accross a lot of people saying they love their Nexus One, and some that says itīs slow, bad not worth the money and so on.
    So I just wanted a picture of the situation in the US and UK at the moment.
    Is the Nexus One really the glorious wounder I think it to be, or will I be dissapointet. Is it all just hype or is it really a brilliant phone.As itīs only sold through Google Store I have no chance to get it in my hands before I buy, and itīs my intention as it is now to order it the secound I am able to.
    So iīd like some oppinons from real Nexus One users. Is it as good as itīs said to be? or all just hype and not really worth the money? the price tag is high for something thats shipped and once you buy it thereīs no way back. No way for me to try it out before hand, unless I am willing to wait til it becomes a common everyman phone, and I am not willing to wait that long.
    What do you sentence the Nexus One to? Glory? or Dammnation?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yes, it's over-hyped. It'd be hard not to be, and it's not a revoution - just a well-specced phone.

But it's very quick indeed, hardly any glitches in the OS or user experience.

The only issue I've come across is when the keyboard/touch screen goes crazy, usually as a result of using the phone at a strange angle but sometimes not. Locking the screen and unlocking cures it, and I'm sure there'll be a fix.

I am sitting here in Denmark full of envy towards America and the UK, you lucky onces got the priviledge to buy the Nexus One while I sit here excited and pray Google will open up for shipment to my country.
    Now you know how those of us living in North America feel. Typically we get the latest handsets months after they've been released in Europe and even Asia.

Is the Nexus One really the glorious wounder I think it to be, or will I be dissapointet.
    While I'm not sure I would call it a "glorious wonder," I would say that I am extremely happy with my purchase and that the Nexus One is the best phone I've personally ever used. As a man of limited financial means, I thought it was money well spent. Of course, I'm a tech geek, so I always have to have the latest gadget.

Quote Originally Posted by Asselberghs View Post
    Hi Nexus One users.

In my serch for reviews, applications, Nexus One vs iphone fights and what not, I have come accross a lot of people saying they love their Nexus One, and some that says itīs slow, bad not worth the money and so on.
    So I just wanted a picture of the situation in the US and UK at the moment.
    Is the Nexus One really the glorious wounder I think it to be, or will I be dissapointet. Is it all just hype or is it really a brilliant phone.As itīs only sold through Google Store I have no chance to get it in my hands before I buy, and itīs my intention as it is now to order it the secound I am able to.
    So iīd like some oppinons from real Nexus One users. Is it as good as itīs said to be? or all just hype and not really worth the money? the price tag is high for something thats shipped and once you buy it thereīs no way back. No way for me to try it out before hand, unless I am willing to wait til it becomes a common everyman phone, and I am not willing to wait that long.
    What do you sentence the Nexus One to? Glory? or Dammnation?
    I know ppl from Sweden has ordered from a company called international order. It costs more, but you can get it to denmark then. Just a tip if you don't wanna wait!

I think the Nexus is a fabulous phone. By far the best phone I've ever used. But it definitely isn't a perfect or holy grail of phones. Like the iPhone it has many awesome features but it also has it quirks and little problems that all phones have.

Am I satisfied with the price I paid? Honestly, I would say I'm not. But that's because I had a bit of the ideal that this phone would be the "one phone to rule them all" . But it isn't. Its just a extremely solid and well built phone! Its the best that T-Mobile has had, and is everything I'm looking for in a mobile phone. Sure google coulda fixed a few things and made the device cheaper so more people could access it, but that's how it goes.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

To echo everyone else...

This phone is over-hyped, but great. It's no game-changer, but it's got a ton going for it and it all works well. There's nothing really "new" to this phone except the processor, but it's fast.

In it's niche, this is the best phone available with Android on it. The HD2 is the best phone in this niche with Windows Mobile. If you like this sort of phone with these options and love Apple - the iPhone is the way to go. The N1 is another great option.

Sooooo what do you like more: Android(and mass Google interfacing), WM, or iPhone? For me it was worth every penny. Pennies maye be harder to find here in the US than in Denmark.
    Rooted Nexus One

Just got mine today and it's been a very good experience. I like what the guy said before me about it not being a revolutionary phone, just a well spec'd phone.

Let's face it, the jump from the phones circa '06 before the iPhone to the iPhone itself was one of those rare revolutionary jumps in technology that only happen once in a while. I don't believe the accelerated path and development of the technology that Android is taking advantage of would've been possible without Apple opening the door. That being said, it's awesome to see what Android is doing and how well they are doing it. I literally think Google has taken their cue from Apple, and run wild with it.

Android is just the tonic we need to the iPhone dominated world and it will push both Apple and Google to greater heights, with us, the consumer, being able to benefit from it.

So far, I am! ;-)

Its the best phone I've had bar none. There are things which could be improved upon like all phones, but I really have no complaints besides the lower than desired speaker volume.

This is my first post and after trolling for a week i decided to make the plunge. I've used Blackberry and and all three iphones as primary devices and find the N1 to be spectacular. This is my first Android experience and I'm quite happy that I made the switch. Even after jailbreaking all my devices; the proprietary, closed nature of Apple just really lowers my interest. There are certainly some initial bugs on my N1, but anyone who doesn't expect that is silly and naive. Once everything is ironed out I expect this device to really shine.(not that it isn't already a beast!)

Worth every penny!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links