Google Docs

This is a discussion on Google Docs within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I thought I read somewhere that you can not edit Google docs (document, spreadsheets, etc...) on the phone. Is that true? Thanks, Jim...

Thread: Google Docs

Google Docs

I thought I read somewhere that you can not edit Google docs (document, spreadsheets, etc...) on the phone. Is that true?
    Thanks, Jim

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by ndpace View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that you can not edit Google docs (document, spreadsheets, etc...) on the phone. Is that true?
    Thanks, Jim
    Yes and no. Currently on the Google Docs website you can only view your documents you are unable to edit them. However there are a few apps in the Android Market that will allow you to edit your Google documents. I am hoping that Google produces an Official app and releases that.
    Follow me at @Burlyskink
    Want a Lockerz invite? PM me

I want google to release their own kid of word program! And free ofc! :D

Guy
    @Alphawave I will personally do it, however I do not see a Google Docs app coming anytime in the recent future. I may be wrong though.
    Follow me at @Burlyskink

hmm so if i get a PDF or Word it want open by default with anything currently on the phone?

Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasfever View Post
    hmm so if i get a PDF or Word it want open by default with anything currently on the phone?
    Unfortunately nope, but like I said in a post before their are apps in the android market that will do stuff like this. Some of them are free and others cost money, like Documents to Go is supposedly a very good file editor. From what I can tell its pretty much a mobile microsoft office.

No problem alphawave, if you have any more questions or anything let me know.
    Follow me at @Burlyskink

I'm not sure it's entirely true that you can't edit all Google Docs from the N1.

I fired up the browser the other day and loaded a Google Doc spreadsheet in my account to update some bill stuff. I was able to add rows and edit existing rows fine.

Just checked Google Docs again. Word processing can't seem to be edited but Spreadsheets are still editable.

I'm definitely waiting on a google docs app that google produces. Typically they support their stuff very well and allow users to continue using it even after it's been EOFed (i.e. Google Notebook).

I looked at Docs to Go and it's too rich for my blood. $10?! wow! I'll stick to ultranotes for now. In the mean time, if anyone here is an undercover google operative or at least knows one, pass it up the chain that we N1 users crave a google docs app! Heck, if I knew how to create a decent android app I'd start with google docs... And offer it for free.

I use gdocs from the market. It instantly syncs the computer and phone no matter which way you edit.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links