How to link contacts to facebook???

This is a discussion on How to link contacts to facebook??? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Does it work for you?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to link contacts to facebook???

Does it work for you?

Yes, got it to work just fine.

Not fair: -(

Well, it took me a while to figure it out because I couldn't find the 'join' button. Once I found it it seems to work. Did you find the button? you have to go to the contact, hit menu, edit, hit menu again and then hit join. Apologies if you already knew that and good luck.

Yen that's the same thing I did. I can join no problem just that it uses the Facebook name in most cases rather than the contact name I saved them as originally. I've given up now.

When you do it does it use the contact name or Facebook name?

Yen that's the same thing I did. I can join no problem just that it uses the Facebook name in most cases rather than the contact name I saved them as originally. I've given up now.

When you do it does it use the contact name or Facebook name?

I have the same problem as the above poster in that the name that shows up in the Contacts list is always the name as depicted on Facebook.

For the most part it's not a big deal since the names are usually identical, but I have a couple of friends who insist on having their name on Facebook be in all caps (CHRISTINA STEPHANOPOLOUS) or in alternating caps and lower case (EriKa RidNouR) and both are equally obnoxious in my otherwise neat and tidy contact book.

Quote Originally Posted by jrl022 View Post
    I have the same problem as the above poster in that the name that shows up in the Contacts list is always the name as depicted on Facebook.

For the most part it's not a big deal since the names are usually identical, but I have a couple of friends who insist on having their name on Facebook be in all caps (CHRISTINA STEPHANOPOLOUS) or in alternating caps and lower case (EriKa RidNouR) and both are equally obnoxious in my otherwise neat and tidy contact book.
    haha That's even more annoying than my circumstance... I have friends that are too paraniod to use their real name...

lol, wow; I never thought of that being an issue! I didn't even check to see which name was being used, I was just happy not to have two of some people. Plus being able to hide FB contacts is a total plus. Good luck folks.

Hi people... I think I have found a pattern regarding this ANNOYING issue. If you have contact (in you phonebook) called Charles and his Facebook name is Charly, when you join them the name that is going to be displayed is Charly. On the other side, if his phonebook name is Charly and his facebook name is Charles that name that is persistent is going to be Charly again.

The thing is that the display name is the "last" alphabetically listed. I have done a series of testing over this and the result is always the same. I know this is no solution for the issue, but at least can make us understand what name the join is going to take.

Hopefully people at Google can introduce an update in which we can select what name we want to display.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links