How to link contacts to facebook???

This is a discussion on How to link contacts to facebook??? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello, I have quite a few contacts which don't have the same name as their facebook, but would like to link their facebook profiles to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to link contacts to facebook???

How to link contacts to facebook???

Hello,

I have quite a few contacts which don't have the same name as their facebook, but would like to link their facebook profiles to their names..... how do I do this???

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm pretty sure it automaticly does them by phone number and/or email - but I'd like to know how to manually do it for those who do not list those.
    Rooted Nexus One

First, go to your Contacts, then Display Options and click "show all contacts" under each e-mail address (one of them should be your Facebook logon). Then go through your contacts list, pick the name you want to get rid of, Edit Contact, and click "Join", then pick the name you want to keep in your phone.

If you do it the other way around it picks the Facebook name, not the real name.

And then, of course, uncheck "Show All Contacts" under your Facebook e-mail and it will hide all of those unnecessary contacts.

That worked brilliantly! Thank you.

When I join my contacts to their facebook account it always keeps the facebook name, rather than the contact name. I have tried doing it bothways, i.e contact first, edit and join....and facebook account first, edit and join.

No luck with both, anyone else having the same problems? or know how to fix?

When you edit that contact, the top half of the page will be facebook related, the bottom half will be Google Contacts. Jut change the name on the top half and it will change

thanks i tried that still no luck heres what i did: went to facebook contact joe bloggs, edit contact, join, found googlemail contact JOE, then goodlemail contact was at the top with the name set as JOE, facebook contact in the bottom half, pressed done, name is still joe bloggs

Quote Originally Posted by strictly86 View Post
    When I join my contacts to their facebook account it always keeps the facebook name, rather than the contact name. I have tried doing it bothways, i.e contact first, edit and join....and facebook account first, edit and join.

No luck with both, anyone else having the same problems? or know how to fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by strictly86 View Post
    thanks i tried that still no luck heres what i did: went to facebook contact joe bloggs, edit contact, join, found googlemail contact JOE, then goodlemail contact was at the top with the name set as JOE, facebook contact in the bottom half, pressed done, name is still joe bloggs

I had the exact same problem... Once joined the name displayed in my contacts was the Facebook name... When I try and edit it, the name displayed at the top was the Google name..

I just gave up

yup think i'm going to give up too...the nexus one user guide says to choose the first contact as the one you want to keep, the second contact should be the one that gets removed...BUG

EDIT: Think a factory reset will help?

Umm... i don't have the "join" option; what's wrong with me?

Oh... nevermind; I found it! Thanks!~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links