SIM card is PUK-locked

This is a discussion on SIM card is PUK-locked within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Anyone know how to recover from this on the N1? I have the unlock code but i dont know how to input it as the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SIM card is PUK-locked

SIM card is PUK-locked

Anyone know how to recover from this on the N1?

I have the unlock code but i dont know how to input it as the entire phone is locked.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by jay View Post

I have the unlock code but i dont know how to input it as the entire phone is locked.
    Most likely your unlock code won't work anymore, when you got into PUK lock the old unlock code won't work anymore.
    you have call your service carrier to have them help you, I think they will send you to HTC and you will have them to help your re-program your unlock code and unlock your Nexus One over the phone. That only cost you about 15 to 20 minutes of your time.

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post

Most likely your unlock code won't work anymore, when you got into PUK lock the old unlock code won't work anymore.
    you have call your service carrier to have them help you, I think they will send you to HTC and you will have them to help your re-program your unlock code and unlock your Nexus One over the phone. That only cost you about 15 to 20 minutes of your time.
    called tmobile.. wiped out my phone..

I have to go to the tmobile store tomorrow to get a new sim card.

Or u just take the sim card in your box and call tmobile to re-asign it. I work for Tmobile, we do this all the time for PUK Locks.

Admin
    Coming from Verizon, can you explain to me what a PUK is and what causes a PUK lock? (also, I'm sure it would help our readers)

I work for tmobile as well, It's really simple. You login to Icam or samson as a rep and go to the account user page and just give the customer the PUK code.. the only way to break the sim card is to mess up on the sim lock password too many times, it's easy to reset on 90% of phones.

Just call them again and ask for the PUK code, tell them your IMEI, enter it, enter a new pin and you're done.

yes, you could mess up your sim card because your sim only allow you to input the wrong unlock code for 10 tries. If you enter it more than 10 tries. You sim card is lock forever.

Yep pretty sure thats what he did seeing as his first post said there is nowhere to enter the PUK Code.

yes, you could mess up your sim card because your sim only allow you to input the wrong unlock code for 10 tries. If you enter it more than 10 tries. You sim card is lock forever.
    Ah, this is true. I would have figured that after getting to PUK lock, you'd stop, but yeah if you enter it in too many times wrong it'll burn the card. (security reasons)

Either way, they should at least put a credit on your bill or give you a free sim card, if you say that you were on the phone and misunderstood the rep telling you the puk code when it basically fried, they have to credit it =P If you go to a retail store it's far easier, as at indirect dealers we have to charge for the sim ($25) and then have them credit the bill. At a retail store they can give it free or charge $10, or charge $10 then credit the bill. =)

It's not a hard fix though, your phone's still good unless you did the real wipe.. don't know why they would make you do that though unless the rep was dumb. PUK only means one thing lol.

Either way, all your contacts and stuff are synced with google, so worst-case you just have to redownload your apps. Pics/videos and such are stored on the sd card, so none of that will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Coming from Verizon, can you explain to me what a PUK is and what causes a PUK lock? (also, I'm sure it would help our readers)
    You can lock your sim card so other can't use your sim on other phone and drive up your phone bill. So if you turn off/on your phone it will ask for your sim card lock code before let you use the sim card (and phone). But if you input it wrong for 3 times, it will lock up the card and require special step to reprogram the sim card unlock code with your carrier. So it is for protection. (I hope this is right. correct me if I am wrong.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ads