Initial Charge of The Phone

This is a discussion on Initial Charge of The Phone within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Just got mine and its been sitting on the charger for nearly 2 hours....haven't even inserted the sim or turned it on. This is KILLING ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Initial Charge of The Phone

Just got mine and its been sitting on the charger for nearly 2 hours....haven't even inserted the sim or turned it on. This is KILLING ME!!!!

I also bought a second battery......so yeah I'll be charging all night long =*(

Update: Looks like it takes about 2-2.5 hours to fully charge the the phone. Off to finally start it up!!!!

That is some will power you have :lol

Quote Originally Posted by GwenevereLynn View Post
    I apologize if this topic has been covered already but my phone will be here by 3:00
    Can I play with it while it's charging for the first time or is this not recommended?
    In reading up on lithium ion batteries, the initial overnight full charge is not necessary, however, they do recommend that you do at least three cycles where you completely deplete the battery followed by fully charging the battery that being one cycle, they recommend doing this three times or more. This has to do with the crystals being allowed to align properly so that it can maintain highest level of charge. Lithium ion batteries also are no longer memory sensitive, so you don't have to worry about charging it when it has 25% left, for fear that in future uses, it will remember the 25% left as being completely empty.

Okay, so I have a question. Im gonna buy my Nexus One next thursday after I get paid. I currently use a G1 and love it, but every night I put it on the charger and let it charge till morning.
    Is it bad to "over-charge" it this way? Especially on the nexus one. Should I change my charging practice or is this okay?

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowski View Post
    Okay, so I have a question. Im gonna buy my Nexus One next thursday after I get paid. I currently use a G1 and love it, but every night I put it on the charger and let it charge till morning.
    Is it bad to "over-charge" it this way? Especially on the nexus one. Should I change my charging practice or is this okay?
    You're okay. It cannot be overcharged.
    Okay, good. Thanks. Ive always been worried about that because people always tell me that it kills my battery life. I started to think the same thing because my g1's at 100% at 7:30am and by 2pm it's at 20% ...

I absolutely LOVE my G1! Its amazing, but the screen is cracked and im sooo ready to get my Nexus One!
    Just was wondering about the battery charge/battery life:nexusx:

mine showed up today... and im patiently waiting... OMG, i dont think i can take it much longer... been charging for a little more than an hour...

deep breaths... i have to wait... i am probably one of the most battery-anal people on the planet.

what do i do while i wait? watching the orange light isnt really fun

You could always read the online manual. That's what I did. It took some of the edge off the waiting.

what its better?? deplete the battery and then charge it or charge it and then deplete it???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links