Has anyone gotten Google Voice to work on AT&T?

This is a discussion on Has anyone gotten Google Voice to work on AT&T? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by GeneticFusion can you change the Voicemail in the settings from My Carrier to Google Voice? Because I can't. I couldn't... But since ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone gotten Google Voice to work on AT&T?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneticFusion View Post
    can you change the Voicemail in the settings from My Carrier to Google Voice? Because I can't.
    I couldn't... But since I had already forwarded my voicemail on my iPhone, I just changed the number manually... I don't get a notification about the voicemail, but I get the email and text message...so it's not really a big deal for me.

didnt see this thread on voice mails. This phone cannot do interactive voice mail like the iPhone? I put my ATT sim in it, I get my voice mails, but they are one at a time, not in a selection list like ATT.

voice

I went to the marketplace and got google voice application. Signed in and it asked me if I wanted to use the phone's number. I said yes. It asked me if I wanted to use google voice as the default voicemail application. I said yes. Now when soimeone calls and they leave a voicemail, you open up google voice and it will show the voicemails in a list like visual voicemail on AT&T. The notifications I get are text message, email, and it shows a notification in the menu bar at the top of the screen. So far it's an excellent replacement for visual voicemail. I think the voicemail comes through the edge network, not wifi. It may be able to use the wifi, I have not tried.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by GeneticFusion View Post
    Whenever I try to set my voicemail to Google Voice, it says that "Call Setting Error" and wont switch. Whenever someone calls my phone and it goes to voicemail, it goes to the google voice inbox, but wont send me a notification and wont let me check it on my phone. Anyone have any ideas?
    I had this happen on my G1 a couple weeks ago, and all calls would go to voicemail. (even normal ones, google voice tied it somehow)

Try uninstalling voice, wiping the phone, reinstalling and relinking- That may fix it.

I personally on my G1 to fix this problem unrooted, rerooted, reflashed all radio and all that, reinstalled voice and now everything functions properly..

Not sure how your mileage will go with the N1, however it is on AT&T and I know the iPhone app for Gvoice got turned down so it's possible it's a network thing albeit unlikely. (I'm on tmobile)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links