tethering laptop thru nexus one?

This is a discussion on tethering laptop thru nexus one? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Please remember that using PDAnet or apps similar to it *might* violate your TOS with your carrier......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tethering laptop thru nexus one?

Please remember that using PDAnet or apps similar to it *might* violate your TOS with your carrier...

Yes I realize that thanks Is there a way that the internet gets shut off on Nexus one? Im sure there is, but im pulling a blank on where it is.
    Im trying to connect PDAnet,but it says I dont have a interent connection on the phone right now. I did have internet yesterday, but know nothing.
    I always screw somthing up LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CentralWARMK View Post
    Yes I realize that thanks Is there a way that the internet gets shut off on Nexus one? Im sure there is, but im pulling a blank on where it is.
    Im trying to connect PDAnet,but it says I dont have a interent connection on the phone right now. I did have internet yesterday, but know nothing.
    I always screw somthing up LOL
    Do you have the Power Widget on? How did you have internet? 3G? WiFi?

just thru my sim card I guess. I think my plan has media net on it if i remember right. I just put the sim card back into my SE W760I and I was able to connect to the internet no problem, on the phone.
    But in Nexus one it wont connect to internet
    I guess maybe I will do a master reset. I just dont know what else to do.

Yes I have power widget on

Did master reset. Internet is now working, so I will reload and see if PDAnet will work with Bluetooth.

...I'll just wait for Cyan to get it working...has it enabled on his roms. PdaNet I've used in the past on both the iPhone and the G1 (@ the time Tmo didn't have 3G) and wireless tethering was way faster than PdaNet, even at that point...if u got root, I suggest waiting. Besides, if you're using the free version of PdaNet, doesn't it block out secured sites? O_o

I've had an email from Joiku this morning confirming that an Android version of JoikuSpot is in the works which will turn the nexus into a wifi access point. Cant come soon enough, I'm really missing it since moving from Symbian.

mah
    Quote Originally Posted by tribz View Post
    I've had an email from Joiku this morning confirming that an Android version of JoikuSpot is in the works which will turn the nexus into a wifi access point. Cant come soon enough, I'm really missing it since moving from Symbian.
    Very interesting... will this require having a rooted phone to work, or will it work without changing the factory OS load?

Cant say at the moment but I would hope it would be for non rooted. On Symbian, its a signed app that 'just installs'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links