First Impressions of the Nexus One coming from a previous Droid User

This is a discussion on First Impressions of the Nexus One coming from a previous Droid User within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Yeah this phone is great, but one HUGE disappointment is the display. Coming from a Droid I noticed a HUGE difference. The display on my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Impressions of the Nexus One coming from a previous Droid User

First Impressions of the Nexus One coming from a previous Droid User

Yeah this phone is great, but one HUGE disappointment is the display. Coming from a Droid I noticed a HUGE difference. The display on my Droid is beautifully crispy clear can't even find a pixel if I tried, but the Nexus One is all pixelized to me. Maybe Im exaggerating, but I guess I'll get use to it. Super fast phone, definity a difference from Droid. So much lighter and feels so much better than the Droid's boxy design. Only cons I have for this phone so far is the display. I also noticed the touch sensitive button issue, where the button is actually a little bit above where the actual button is if you get what I mean.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I would've thought that the network would have been the biggest letdown...

T-Mobile is actually pretty nice in this area lol.. I still can't get over the display. Atleast its better than the iPhone.

T-Mobile has been pretty good for me as well.

How bad is it compared to the droid, is it something that makes you regret purchasing?

Quote Originally Posted by Smeikle View Post
    T-Mobile has been pretty good for me as well.

How bad is it compared to the droid, is it something that makes you regret purchasing?
    Definity not. Droid has its own major issues. For example mine, if you squeeze the part near the USB port it makes a creaking noise. Slider becomes unlocked when I get it out of my pocket. Unresponsive touch screen. Buttons are very loose, feels like they fall off. Only thing I miss is the beautiful screen. Once you get use to it its really easy to notice all the pixels on the Nexus One. It is still definity worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Yeah this phone is great, but one HUGE disappointment is the display. Coming from a Droid I noticed a HUGE difference. The display on my Droid is beautifully crispy clear can't even find a pixel if I tried, but the Nexus One is all pixelized to me. Maybe Im exaggerating, but I guess I'll get use to it. Super fast phone, definity a difference from Droid. So much lighter and feels so much better than the Droid's boxy design. Only cons I have for this phone so far is the display. I also noticed the touch sensitive button issue, where the button is actually a little bit above where the actual button is if you get what I mean.
    I noticed this right away when I held it next to my Touch Pro before I sold the TP. This is actually a bi-product of AMOLED if I'm reading right. I noticed sort of a chainlink pattern. Upon googling some high res shots of some other AMOLED devices, I think that all of them may be subject to this. It's not too too horrible but it positively DESTROYS small text, even stuff like the program names in the program menu. Glad to see I'm not the only one that's noticed this.

I surf the web and have to read some tiny stuff all the time with the apps I use. I've actually contemplated returning it because of this. The next week is going to be rough, and the $45 loss is going to be worse. I'm not sure yet.

Oh ok I always thought the missing 40 pixels was the cause for this. You can always zoom in. AMOLED is suppose to be an improvement! I rather get the OLED from the Droid.

Oh ok I always thought the missing 40 pixels was the cause for this. You can always zoom in. AMOLED is suppose to be an improvement! I rather get the OLED from the Droid.
    You must mean LCD from the Droid. AMOLED and OLED are two different things. Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode. Thats the reason you see the "pixels". If it were a true OLED (Zune HD) then you would appreciate it more i suppose.
    Microsoft Product Adviser
    :nexusx:Android Developer

Quote Originally Posted by serialtoon View Post
    You must mean LCD from the Droid. AMOLED and OLED are two different things. Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode. Thats the reason you see the "pixels". If it were a true OLED (Zune HD) then you would appreciate it more i suppose.
    Oh damn I always thought Droid had a OLED screen. But still I thought AMOLED and OLED are new technology and supposely better than LCD... I'm seriously starting to think about returning the phone like the above poster. Seeing the pixel really makes me think this phone is old.

I think the display is awesome.
    I'm coming from a Motorola Razr though, so wtf do I know? XD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links