I returned my N1 thread

This is a discussion on I returned my N1 thread within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by serialtoon Originally Posted by Spydaz Everyone needs to understand that this is a new OS that Google just released.. The Hardware IMO ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I returned my N1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by serialtoon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydaz View Post
    Everyone needs to understand that this is a new OS that Google just released.. The Hardware IMO is Perfect... The software just needs some updates and then everything will run harmoniously together.. I had the first iPhone.. That OS had its issues but i knew it would get better.. I had first android G1 the day it came out, that OS had glitches too but it was fixed. I even had the first BB Storm!! and that improved a lot LOL.... Remember people this OS is in its "Teenage Years". Give it time.. I love when people are so damn excited when a "New" gadget comes out and they buy it and then they just find things wrong with it and then get rid of it.

If everything was "Perfect" as far as technology goes then what would there be to improve? Nothing..... But that's not the way technology works... time is what improves technology.......
    Nothing is perfect, i....actually...most of us understand that. Being that we all come from some sort of technology mindset that is. But when an OS has been out since late October early November of 2008 (Ive been working with the SDK for a while now) you really start asking yourself....what exactly have all these updates done for us? So far it seems like the "best" update Ive seen is generally eye candy or needless time wasters. Live wallpapers is cool and nice...but seriously, wouldn't you want a faster browser or a way to copy and paste on Gmail, than live wallpapers..how about the fact that the wallpaper bug is still there? Which one you ask...try choosing an image that is of the correct resolution to use as a wallpaper...see the distortion? Heck, forget the wallpaper, lets move on to the fact that Market is broken with recent attempts of phishing coming from a developer. How about the non uniformity in all the screen resolutions, screen sizes, phone types, slider vs non-slider...etc etc. Its time to show Google that we need a working OS that can do everything well, then the eye candy later. At least balance out the improvements. That's all i have to say about this. But i do love Android...i have since day one. I just wished it would work a bit more...consistent. This is my opinion btw the way.
    I completely agree. But in all do respect look at how long all of us iPhone users had to wait for MMS & copy and paste. I know that your looking at it from a developers perspective but that is hard facts man. Android has come a very long way in a short period of time.

I am extremely excited for the future of the Android platform and I cannot wait for the upcoming updates and little fixes here and there. That's the reason I purchased this phone, nothing is greater then watching something improve.

There are going to be two types of people that are going to own this device. One is going be the tech geek that loves to have the cutting edge technology and understands that with cutting edge technology comes its gripes & woes. Two the tech savvy consumer who has to have the next best thing but does not understand why the next best thing is not perfect and then gets frustrated.

This is all based IMO. And not to be trivial in any sense of the word!
    MOTO DROID & :nexusx:NEXUS ONE

exactly. the os is the phone. you can have the best hardware in the world but a lacking os covers all that up.

im not trying to turn this into a "nexus sucks thread" I actually like the phone in some aspects. but as off right now its not for me

Yeah you can wait two years for your iPhone with dual core 2.4GHz Uberpwnage Processor than a month later a new phone with quad core is announced and you return your phone for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Yeah you can wait two years for your iPhone with dual core 2.4GHz Uberpwnage Processor than a month later a new phone with quad core is announced and you return your phone for that one.
    lol no need to be sarcastic or bitter. I was just giving an example. I have no interest in moving to att.

Quote Originally Posted by serialtoon View Post
    Everyone needs to understand that this is a new OS that Google just released.. The Hardware IMO is Perfect... The software just needs some updates and then everything will run harmoniously together.. I had the first iPhone.. That OS had its issues but i knew it would get better.. I had first android G1 the day it came out, that OS had glitches too but it was fixed. I even had the first BB Storm!! and that improved a lot LOL.... Remember people this OS is in its "Teenage Years". Give it time.. I love when people are so damn excited when a "New" gadget comes out and they buy it and then they just find things wrong with it and then get rid of it.

If everything was "Perfect" as far as technology goes then what would there be to improve? Nothing..... But that's not the way technology works... time is what improves technology.......
    Nothing is perfect, i....actually...most of us understand that. Being that we all come from some sort of technology mindset that is. But when an OS has been out since late October early November of 2008 (Ive been working with the SDK for a while now) you really start asking yourself....what exactly have all these updates done for us? So far it seems like the "best" update Ive seen is generally eye candy or needless time wasters. Live wallpapers is cool and nice...but seriously, wouldn't you want a faster browser or a way to copy and paste on Gmail, than live wallpapers..how about the fact that the wallpaper bug is still there? Which one you ask...try choosing an image that is of the correct resolution to use as a wallpaper...see the distortion? Heck, forget the wallpaper, lets move on to the fact that Market is broken with recent attempts of phishing coming from a developer. How about the non uniformity in all the screen resolutions, screen sizes, phone types, slider vs non-slider...etc etc. Its time to show Google that we need a working OS that can do everything well, then the eye candy later. At least balance out the improvements. That's all i have to say about this. But i do love Android...i have since day one. I just wished it would work a bit more...consistent. This is my opinion btw the way.
    I completely agree. But in all do respect look at how long all of us iPhone users had to wait for MMS & copy and paste. I know that your looking at it from a developers perspective but that is hard facts man. Android has come a very long way in a short period of time.

I am extremely excited for the future of the Android platform and I cannot wait for the upcoming updates and little fixes here and there. That's the reason I purchased this phone, nothing is greater then watching something improve.

There are going to be two types of people that are going to own this device. One is going be the tech geek that loves to have the cutting edge technology and understands that with cutting edge technology comes its gripes & woes. Two the tech savvy consumer who has to have the next best thing but does not understand why the next best thing is not perfect and then gets frustrated.

This is all based IMO. And not to be trivial in any sense of the word!
    I am very disappointed in the speaker quality for sure. But coming from a Omnia HD that would overplay a car stereo....

Overall i think it is worth the price. Good hardware and a well supported os, I'm looking forward to the updates and progression as the bugs are worked out.

But I'm just happy to be away from the samsung abandoned Symbian OS

I also had a first iphone and it had the same problems when it was released and the mms, copy paste we waited two years for.

Im along for the ride now.

Quote Originally Posted by supsandroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    lol no need to be sarcastic or bitter. I was just giving an example. I have no interest in moving to att.
    sorry I was just kidding.. but yah you get my point LOL

die traitor !! banz kill HIM!

Nah, but good to get your points of view. GL in searching for your phonemate!

Im gonna keep messing with it for the next day or to, i have a few disappointments my self. The speaker just kills me deep down inside on how low it is. I wish that would of been alot louder. The battery ugh i told my self i wouldnt go back down to that level again but.. i guess i thought it would be worth it for the power. the no keyboard which i am starting to get used to. that doesnt bug me anymore. I just took my phone off the charger not to long ago and it was already down 6 percent. but its still way to early to judge.

Hey guys, don't get me wrong...im sticking with the Nexus One. I guess after owning about 5 different Android phones in 3 months....i can say ive tried them all :-D. So far this phone is as close as i want it to becoming my perfect phone. But all in all even with what Spydaz said about the copy paste function on the iPhone, they did it 2 years later...but they did it so well, that waiting was worth it. It has become the absolute best way to copy and paste. Oh well....lets get cracking on the development front.
    Microsoft Product Adviser
    :nexusx:Android Developer

Now that's the spirt!! LMAO!...
    MOTO DROID & :nexusx:NEXUS ONE

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links