I returned my N1 thread

This is a discussion on I returned my N1 thread within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by whsnext Well I'm keeping g my n1 to see where and how it goes. But I do switch between iPhone 3gs and ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: I returned my N1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by whsnext View Post
    Well I'm keeping g my n1 to see where and how it goes. But I do switch between iPhone 3gs and my N1 But I do see me using my iPhone 3gs more because I have a cable everywhere for it (TV out) from my car to my TV's. My TV in my car I can put my navigation from iPhone on it and see it there to my movies. I've look everywhere online and have yet to find a TV out cable for the nexus one. Plus in my opinion. I feel the gaming on android far behind apple. I feel like I want from a 360 to an Atari. That's just my opinion and my end lags a lot for a processor being so big. I feel my 3gs moves faster in apps. But the internet on the And is unbelievably fast. Like now I'm using my n1 to type this and my cursor has disappeared.
    It took how many years for iphone to get all the apps that are available today?

Gaming will take off on N1 , it is a matter of time, if the OS and hardware are good , android will catch up to Apple.
    Time will tell .

Like I said I'm not getting rid of N1 cause I think the same. But I will not get rid of my 3gs cause right now it does have the upper hand in that. I love technology I dont care if its apple or android.

Quote Originally Posted by allyriane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by supsandroid View Post
    so I turned off my gps and the battery seemed to last a bit longer. I re weighed the pros n cons and because most the cons can and probably will be fixed by a software update I decided to keep the n1
    Are you saying your BB can run all those programs simultaneously and the battery life is much better?

IME, no phone has a long battery life running resource hogs like that. Although gps is less hoggish than a concert....I have friends that cell cast concerts (audio and/or video) and nobody gets through an entire show on any phone. And the reception is good on iphone but the worst for battery life. Last week someone I know casted on a Droid and the reception was horrible and battery died quickly. I stipulate it has alot to do with each venue, where the person sits etc but we're pretty used to the parameters and no phone did everything.

Then again if your life requires gps all day then I guess that's the deciding factor for your phone purchases.

I thought this phone automatically turns "off" the programs as they age off so if you open 5 more things after gps, then gps goes away. I may be wrong though.
    yes I had gps on my bb constantly. my bb was heaven when it came to battery life. and I used it pretty much all day.(not gps specifically, the phone in general)
    but its been about four hours since charging and I think im still 90% ish

Quote Originally Posted by allyriane View Post
    so I turned off my gps and the battery seemed to last a bit longer. I re weighed the pros n cons and because most the cons can and probably will be fixed by a software update I decided to keep the n1
    Are you saying your BB can run all those programs simultaneously and the battery life is much better?

IME, no phone has a long battery life running resource hogs like that. Although gps is less hoggish than a concert....I have friends that cell cast concerts (audio and/or video) and nobody gets through an entire show on any phone. And the reception is good on iphone but the worst for battery life. Last week someone I know casted on a Droid and the reception was horrible and battery died quickly. I stipulate it has alot to do with each venue, where the person sits etc but we're pretty used to the parameters and no phone did everything.

Then again if your life requires gps all day then I guess that's the deciding factor for your phone purchases.

I thought this phone automatically turns "off" the programs as they age off so if you open 5 more things after gps, then gps goes away. I may be wrong though.
    yes I had gps on my bb constantly. my bb was heaven when it came to battery life. and I used it pretty much all day.(not gps specifically, the phone in general)
    but its been about four hours since charging and I think im still 90% ish
    I guess you're saying you're doing the exact same thing and running the exact same programs all day and the bb battery was much better. I'd want to make sure that they were really EXACTLY the same though. For example that I didn't have something extra running on the new phone that I didn't run on the old one.

IDK, I did a random google of BB battery life and this message board came up suggesting you change ringtones and other small things to conserve battery. So for an outsider it would appear they have the same challenges. Maybe this phone is so ultra power we need to set settings on realistic levels. I changed my brightness, it was on 100% and it is perfectly fine at 30% for me so far. I may change my opinon in the future once I get more used to this and actually using it for life instead of playing around.

Five Tips to Extend Your BlackBerry Battery Life - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

Quote Originally Posted by Spydaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by serialtoon View Post
    Everyone needs to understand that this is a new OS that Google just released.. The Hardware IMO is Perfect... The software just needs some updates and then everything will run harmoniously together.. I had the first iPhone.. That OS had its issues but i knew it would get better.. I had first android G1 the day it came out, that OS had glitches too but it was fixed. I even had the first BB Storm!! and that improved a lot LOL.... Remember people this OS is in its "Teenage Years". Give it time.. I love when people are so damn excited when a "New" gadget comes out and they buy it and then they just find things wrong with it and then get rid of it.

If everything was "Perfect" as far as technology goes then what would there be to improve? Nothing..... But that's not the way technology works... time is what improves technology.......
    Nothing is perfect, i....actually...most of us understand that. Being that we all come from some sort of technology mindset that is. But when an OS has been out since late October early November of 2008 (Ive been working with the SDK for a while now) you really start asking yourself....what exactly have all these updates done for us? So far it seems like the "best" update Ive seen is generally eye candy or needless time wasters. Live wallpapers is cool and nice...but seriously, wouldn't you want a faster browser or a way to copy and paste on Gmail, than live wallpapers..how about the fact that the wallpaper bug is still there? Which one you ask...try choosing an image that is of the correct resolution to use as a wallpaper...see the distortion? Heck, forget the wallpaper, lets move on to the fact that Market is broken with recent attempts of phishing coming from a developer. How about the non uniformity in all the screen resolutions, screen sizes, phone types, slider vs non-slider...etc etc. Its time to show Google that we need a working OS that can do everything well, then the eye candy later. At least balance out the improvements. That's all i have to say about this. But i do love Android...i have since day one. I just wished it would work a bit more...consistent. This is my opinion btw the way.
    I completely agree. But in all do respect look at how long all of us iPhone users had to wait for MMS & copy and paste. I know that your looking at it from a developers perspective but that is hard facts man. Android has come a very long way in a short period of time.

I am extremely excited for the future of the Android platform and I cannot wait for the upcoming updates and little fixes here and there. That's the reason I purchased this phone, nothing is greater then watching something improve.

There are going to be two types of people that are going to own this device. One is going be the tech geek that loves to have the cutting edge technology and understands that with cutting edge technology comes its gripes & woes. Two the tech savvy consumer who has to have the next best thing but does not understand why the next best thing is not perfect and then gets frustrated.

This is all based IMO. And not to be trivial in any sense of the word!

That was the simple fact that apple got lazy as it had no competition in smart phones, so they felt no need to rush.

Question... So if we call HTC on Jauary 19th and say we want to return the phone that's within the return period of 15 days right? They don't actually *have* to *have* the physical phone on the 19th right?

Quote Originally Posted by nedaroth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by serialtoon View Post
    Nothing is perfect, i....actually...most of us understand that. Being that we all come from some sort of technology mindset that is. But when an OS has been out since late October early November of 2008 (Ive been working with the SDK for a while now) you really start asking yourself....what exactly have all these updates done for us? So far it seems like the "best" update Ive seen is generally eye candy or needless time wasters. Live wallpapers is cool and nice...but seriously, wouldn't you want a faster browser or a way to copy and paste on Gmail, than live wallpapers..how about the fact that the wallpaper bug is still there? Which one you ask...try choosing an image that is of the correct resolution to use as a wallpaper...see the distortion? Heck, forget the wallpaper, lets move on to the fact that Market is broken with recent attempts of phishing coming from a developer. How about the non uniformity in all the screen resolutions, screen sizes, phone types, slider vs non-slider...etc etc. Its time to show Google that we need a working OS that can do everything well, then the eye candy later. At least balance out the improvements. That's all i have to say about this. But i do love Android...i have since day one. I just wished it would work a bit more...consistent. This is my opinion btw the way.
    I completely agree. But in all do respect look at how long all of us iPhone users had to wait for MMS & copy and paste. I know that your looking at it from a developers perspective but that is hard facts man. Android has come a very long way in a short period of time.

I am extremely excited for the future of the Android platform and I cannot wait for the upcoming updates and little fixes here and there. That's the reason I purchased this phone, nothing is greater then watching something improve.

There are going to be two types of people that are going to own this device. One is going be the tech geek that loves to have the cutting edge technology and understands that with cutting edge technology comes its gripes & woes. Two the tech savvy consumer who has to have the next best thing but does not understand why the next best thing is not perfect and then gets frustrated.

That was the simple fact that apple got lazy as it had no competition in smart phones, so they felt no need to rush.
    Nope...It was b/c Apple knew the hit their network would take. They had to incrementally release features in parallel with their network build-out.

Quote Originally Posted by pfran42 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nedaroth View Post

I am extremely excited for the future of the Ayndroid platform and I cannot wait for the upcoming updates and little fixes here and there. That's the reason I purchased this phone, nothing is greater then watching something improve.

Nope...It was b/c Apple knew the hit their network would take. They had to incrementally release features in parallel with their network build-out.
    The whole problem with the MMS was that att did not want it active on there network because they couldn't deal with the traffic. 3.0 had MMS preloaded... Att Had them block it out until they could handle the high traffic and bandwidth.

Copy & Paste/Video recording needed to be held back because apple had nothing else to release each year to make the OS seem new to prospective buyers.

I will say this. The iPhones OS is dated and the same old face that we have seen for the past 3 years. Heck atleast BlackBerrys 4.7 OS gave there old 4.X a new look. LOL.....
    MOTO DROID & :nexusx:NEXUS ONE

Quote Originally Posted by sssjetson View Post

$530 is alot but its actually cheaper than the full price of the Iphone, Palm Pre and Droid.
    this is true. and even though this phone put me in the poor house for the next month i am very happy i no longer have a contract, and the money i am saving over two years give me reason to justify to my g/f getting the car dock :rofl3:.

Quote Originally Posted by loser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sssjetson View Post

$530 is alot but its actually cheaper than the full price of the Iphone, Palm Pre and Droid.
    this is true. and even though this phone put me in the poor house for the next month i am very happy i no longer have a contract, and the money i am saving over two years give me reason to justify to my g/f getting the car dock :rofl3:.
    So correct. I also no longer have a contract and saving $20/month over 2 years equals $480. The difference betweeen the price of a contract phone plus the higher monthly phone bill equals $130.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links