I returned my N1 thread

This is a discussion on I returned my N1 thread within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Post up here if you returned your N1 and for what reason. I personally was disappointed with google and how they handled everything. From customer ...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I returned my N1 thread

I returned my N1 thread

Post up here if you returned your N1 and for what reason.

I personally was disappointed with google and how they handled everything. From customer support, ie; weird three way between google htc and tmo, to lack of insurance from the beginning. The battery life and low speaker quality killed it for me too. Yes i understand the screen and other features of the phone eats up the battery but i need to last a full day with out having to put it on the charger at noon ( not exaggerating here) .And i understand that most of the glitches and gripes can be fixed via software upgrades, but i think they shoulda ironed out the kinks more before release.

I actually wasnt that impressed with the snap dragon either. Many times i managed to lag the phone and make it run choppy. And i dont feel i overloaded it at all. But this is all personal opinion mind you. The N1 is the best smartphone on the market today. but its not for everyone. Also i just feel that i can save that money for something better coming later on. (or bills lol)

I actually enjoyed the N1 despite the above. I really like the app market. They need to go through the apps though and get rid of the crappy ones. Also SWYPE was great, a true touch screen saver for hard keyboard users like me, but i just cant tear away from the easy to use yet functional BB. Plus the battery life whew!

Also, with the release of the snapdragon processor i feel that VERY soon there will be dual core processors pushing past the 2GHZ mark. Theres a rumor that the next iphone with have one. ( not that ill ever get one though, cant stand ATT)

If anyone else that returned there phone and is still around the boards or is about to return it then post up!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't want to send mine back, but after using it these past couple of days im wondering whether the price can justify the device. The inner nerd in me wants me to keep it, but my brain is telling me otherwise. The low speaker is seriously killing it for me. I may just stick to my modded G1 till Android seriously gets its ass in gear. Being a user since 1.0. It seems like its still having some problems doing simple things a 49$ cell phone can do without having to think, expel battery or otherwise force close. Decisions, decisions....
    Microsoft Product Adviser
    :nexusx:Android Developer

Quote Originally Posted by supsandroid View Post

I personally was disappointed with google and how they handled everything. From customer support, ie; weird three way between google htc and tmo, to lack of insurance from the beginning. The battery life and low speaker quality killed it for me too. Yes i understand the screen and other features of the phone eats up the battery but i need to last a full day with out having to put it on the charger at noon ( not exaggerating here) .And i understand that most of the glitches and gripes can be fixed via software upgrades, but i think they shoulda ironed out the kinks more before release.

I actually wasnt that impressed with the snap dragon either. Many times i managed to lag the phone and make it run choppy. And i dont feel i overloaded it at all. But this is all personal opinion mind you. The N1 is the best smartphone on the market today. but its not for everyone. Also i just feel that i can save that money for something better coming later on. (or bills lol)

I actually enjoyed the N1 despite the above. I really like the app market. They need to go through the apps though and get rid of the crappy ones. Also SWYPE was great, a true touch screen saver for hard keyboard users like me, but i just cant tear away from the easy to use yet functional BB. Plus the battery life whew!

Also, with the release of the snapdragon processor i feel that VERY soon there will be dual core processors pushing past the 2GHZ mark. Theres a rumor that the next iphone with have one. ( not that ill ever get one though, cant stand ATT)

If anyone else that returned there phone and is still around the boards or is about to return it then post up!
    what phone do you plan to buy next ?

Quote Originally Posted by serialtoon View Post
    I don't want to send mine back, but after using it these past couple of days im wondering whether the price can justify the device. The inner nerd in me wants me to keep it, but my brain is telling me otherwise. The low speaker is seriously killing it for me. I may just stick to my modded G1 till Android seriously gets its ass in gear. Being a user since 1.0. It seems like its still having some problems doing simple things a 49$ cell phone can do without having to think, expel battery or otherwise force close. Decisions, decisions....
    exactly. i was driving holding it my hand thinking....is $530 for this worth it?

I think that answer really depends on the person. for some it may be, for others not

Everyone needs to understand that this is a new OS that Google just released.. The Hardware IMO is Perfect... The software just needs some updates and then everything will run harmoniously together.. I had the first iPhone.. That OS had its issues but i knew it would get better.. I had first android G1 the day it came out, that OS had glitches too but it was fixed. I even had the first BB Storm!! and that improved a lot LOL.... Remember people this OS is in its "Teenage Years". Give it time.. I love when people are so damn excited when a "New" gadget comes out and they buy it and then they just find things wrong with it and then get rid of it.

If everything was "Perfect" as far as technology goes then what would there be to improve? Nothing..... But thats not the way technology works... time is what improves technology.......
    MOTO DROID & :nexusx:NEXUS ONE

Quote Originally Posted by NYC_212 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by supsandroid View Post

what phone do you plan to buy next ?

For now i plan to keep my BB 8900. Im eager to see what RIM has in store next. There far from perfect as well, they need to get there butt in gear to keep in the race with apple and android.

Quote Originally Posted by Spydaz View Post
    Everyone needs to understand that this is a new OS that Google just released.. The Hardware IMO is Perfect... The software just needs some updates and then everything will run harmoniously together.. I had the first iPhone.. That OS had its issues but i knew it would get better.. I had first android G1 the day it came out, that OS had glitches too but it was fixed. I even had the first BB Storm!! and that improved a lot LOL.... Remember people this OS is in its "Teenage Years". Give it time.. I love when people are so damn excited when a "New" gadget comes out and they buy it and then they just find things wrong with it and then get rid of it.

If everything was "Perfect" as far as technology goes then what would there be to improve? Nothing..... But thats not the way technology works... time is what improves technology.......
    you also have to justify the purchase. I think they couldve ironed out the glitches a little better and not rushed this phone out (they might not of but it seems like it). Again i actually like the N1, but as of right now i will return it and wait to see what other next gen phones turn out to be.

Remember Google was supposed to do something revolutionary... did they?

also, do i just go through Google to return the phone or do i contact HTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Spydaz View Post

If everything was "Perfect" as far as technology goes then what would there be to improve? Nothing..... But that's not the way technology works... time is what improves technology.......
    Nothing is perfect, i....actually...most of us understand that. Being that we all come from some sort of technology mindset that is. But when an OS has been out since late October early November of 2008 (Ive been working with the SDK for a while now) you really start asking yourself....what exactly have all these updates done for us? So far it seems like the "best" update Ive seen is generally eye candy or needless time wasters. Live wallpapers is cool and nice...but seriously, wouldn't you want a faster browser or a way to copy and paste on Gmail, than live wallpapers..how about the fact that the wallpaper bug is still there? Which one you ask...try choosing an image that is of the correct resolution to use as a wallpaper...see the distortion? Heck, forget the wallpaper, lets move on to the fact that Market is broken with recent attempts of phishing coming from a developer. How about the non uniformity in all the screen resolutions, screen sizes, phone types, slider vs non-slider...etc etc. Its time to show Google that we need a working OS that can do everything well, then the eye candy later. At least balance out the improvements. That's all i have to say about this. But i do love Android...i have since day one. I just wished it would work a bit more...consistent. This is my opinion btw the way.
    Microsoft Product Adviser
    :nexusx:Android Developer

I was contemplating this at one point too.

Its not completely the fact that there ARE problems with this phone.... Its just the fact that there are problems with the phone and it costing $580.

But when you think about the problems it has, ALL phones have their own kinks and problems, and when it comes down to it, its honestly up to you if you consider it worth keeping or not. I will be keeping this phone, because while the price was a big hit on my wallet, the next Android phone that is worth it on T-Mobile is the Cliq which is a MAJORLY inferior phone.

The phone isn't for everyone though, and some people might be better off waiting until the next phone comes out!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links