Itunes->nexus one?

This is a discussion on Itunes->nexus one? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Ok, I did a search on this one, with nothing solid turning up. Anyone have a how-to on transfering music from itunes without purchasing some ...

Thread: Itunes->nexus one?

Itunes->nexus one?

Ok, I did a search on this one, with nothing solid turning up.

Anyone have a how-to on transfering music from itunes without purchasing some DRM stripper?? Its my music dang it, and I want to listen to it on my new phone, not carry an ipod/iphone around...

Thanks,

G

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You should have thought about that before you rented your music from Apple :-)

Seriously, I don't have an iPhone, but I do occasionally buy stuff from the iTune Store. Without getting a DRM stripper, I believe the only option is to convert everything to an audio CD then import it back in as an MP3. To actually get the CD imported as an MP3, you need to change the import settings.

By the way, read the license. I don't think you really own the music as much as you licensed it from Apple. No more than you really own the software on your computer or your phone.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

RE:"You should have thought about that before you rented your music from Apple :-)

Seriously, I don't have an iPhone, but I do occasionally buy stuff from the iTune Store. Without getting a DRM stripper, I believe the only option is to convert everything to an audio CD then import it back in as an MP3. To actually get the CD imported as an MP3, you need to change the import settings.

By the way, read the license. I don't think you really own the music as much as you licensed it from Apple. No more than you really own the software on your computer or your phone."

hahaha, very true, "renter beware", I suppose. Not sure on the DRM/license issue, never read the fine print. Guess I should do that before I try and listen to my own music on another one of my own devices...

I did find a way to get what music I wanted out of itunes successfully if anyone is interested.

I simply went to the raw data music files in my computer under documents-music-itunes----then I cut/paste the music artists folders I wanted into the mounted nexus drives "music" folder, this seemed to work fine, the music is there, plays fine and is organized properly!

I assume it's music you've bought fairly recently, then? In which case there's no DRM on the tracks, Apple abandoned it some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sifugazz View Post
    Ok, I did a search on this one, with nothing solid turning up.

Anyone have a how-to on transfering music from itunes without purchasing some DRM stripper?? Its my music dang it, and I want to listen to it on my new phone, not carry an ipod/iphone around...

Thanks,

G
    Most of the new tracks come without DRM on iTunes Store, probably you could redownload them, contact customer service.
    To sync your Mac iTunes lib and Nexus One, you could use http://www.doubletwist.com/

You can upgrade DRM'ed tracks to "iTunes Plus" tracks, but it'll cost you.

If I were you, I'd look *ahem* elsewhere for the songs you've already bought...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links