Brightness control on power widget

This is a discussion on Brightness control on power widget within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; The power widget (the bar at the top of the first screen to the right of the center screen) has a button for screen brightness, ...

Thread: Brightness control on power widget

Brightness control on power widget

The power widget (the bar at the top of the first screen to the right of the center screen) has a button for screen brightness, but I don't understand all its details. What I think I know is that hitting the button turns off the "Automatic brightness" toggle in Settings and cycles between dim, medium, and full brightness levels. What I don't know is the purpose of the green bar indicator underneath the button. On the other buttons in the widget, the green bar is illuminated if the corresponding feature is turned on (wifi, GPS, Bluetooth, syncing). I haven't been able to determine any pattern for when the bar is illuminated for the brightness control. I've seen it in both states, but I can't correlate that with anything else. Is it just random, or does it have a meaning?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Green bar means automatic brightness enabled, no green bar means disabled.. at least on mine.

I have my 'fixed' brightness setting to the minimum, and normally have the phone like that. Then if I need more brightness for some reason I can hit that switch and enable it.

There only seems to be three settings to that toggle: green bar off, green bit on, full brightness green bar on.

I don't think it toggles the auto, I think it's just three levels isn't it??

EDIT - yes it is. Just tried checking what the brightness option under settings was after each press. It's minimum, about 15% and maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by !!11oneone View Post
    There only seems to be three settings to that toggle: green bar off, green bit on, full brightness green bar on.
    Aha, thanks! That answers the question.

AFAICT, the green bar only reflects the most recent press of the button: if the most recent button press selected minimum brightness, the indicator is off; if it selected medium or bright, the indicator is on. It's completely independent of the "automatic brightness" control in Settings: turning on "automatic brightness" does not change the state of the indicator.

Yeah, that would match what I found.

Seems to be a universal thing with a lot of widgets - if you go into the menu to change something, the icon doesn't get updated with the new state.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links