Exchange Server

This is a discussion on Exchange Server within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have been following the Google operating system on the Droid and now the N1. What I don't understand is; are they wanting to be ...

Thread: Exchange Server

Exchange Server

I have been following the Google operating system on the Droid and now the N1. What I don't understand is; are they wanting to be a "smart' phone or a handheld internet access device. My company. like most others, require a secure password to sync with exchange server; why has google not responded to this flaw? I am sure sales would be much higher if they would correct this problem.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Check-out "TouchDown" in the marketplace... works great for me... although it's not free...

Quote Originally Posted by The Hackster View Post
    I have been following the Google operating system on the Droid and now the N1. What I don't understand is; are they wanting to be a "smart' phone or a handheld internet access device. My company. like most others, require a secure password to sync with exchange server; why has google not responded to this flaw? I am sure sales would be much higher if they would correct this problem.

Thanks, I have read the information on Touchdown and the price is fair, however I still wonder if this would work. This is the statement I received from our corporate office: "Due to federal regulations, XXXXXXXXXX has enforced security policies within our Mobile platforms, such as wireless PDAs and Blackberry cell phones, and therefore can only allow devices, which comply with these security requirements to connect to our corporate network. The XXXXXXXXXX Wireless Steering Committee has conducted preliminary testing of the Android Mobile Operating System and has found that this operating system currently does not comply with the XXXXXXXXXX security requirements such as device password enforcement".

So I guess my question would be; would touchdown allow me to connect with our Exchange Server?

I use this too, it's very good. Why not try it to see if it works, the software gives you 5 days of full functionality before you have to buy it. Make sure you download the version for Android 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by bagpuss View Post
    I use this too, it's very good. Why not try it to see if it works, the software gives you 5 days of full functionality before you have to buy it. Make sure you download the version for Android 2.1
    I have not purchased an android phone because of my fear that this would not work and I am left with a $500 paper weight. I still don't understand why goggle did not incorporate this in the OS.

I think we'll get it, just not yet...as it's slated for the N2 (business-directed version). I think the Touchdown app will work for you, but you would need to test at the TMO store to be sure, before buying. Explain this to the TMO rep, and I'm sure he'll allow you to install the app from Market. G'Luck![/QUOTE]

Thanks. I did check out the link to view Touchdown, it looks great. I will check it out at TMO to see if they will alow me to give it a spin and try touchdown out. You stated N2 is slated to come out, any ETA?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hackster View Post
    So I guess my question would be; would touchdown allow me to connect with our Exchange Server?
    There is a 5 day free 100% functional trial....

I have it connected to our Corp email, And we do not run activesync....Connect using the OTW address....Works 99% (no notes yet)

Roadsync from DataViz is supposed to be coming out sometime soon. I tried touchdown - it was pretty good but I wasn't able to use the contacts for sms which is very important. We need native functionality - google get on board already!!!!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links