Nexus One sales

This is a discussion on Nexus One sales within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; seems like the nexus one only reported 20k sales its first week vs the droids 250k Google's Nexus One Hit by Slow Sales - Reviews ...

Thread: Nexus One sales

Member im a android but thats ok's Avatar

Nexus One sales

seems like the nexus one only reported 20k sales its first week vs the droids 250k Google's Nexus One Hit by Slow Sales - Reviews by PC Magazine

so my question is does google change its policy and let verizon make it available in thier stores to see if this would boost sales. im guessing people are hesitant about not being able to check out a phone before buying.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't think they will change it much...

YXB
    Google doesn't want to upset any of its partners... Nexus owners (we) have the best phone out there. It will be nice if Google buys TMO, open up their Google Voice over IP, and start charging $40 flat data plan. Lets see who buys an iphone or a droid ...LOL

Flurry Special Report: Google Nexus One Launch Week Sales

"Next there is distribution, pricing and marketing to consider. For its release, Google executed an online "soft launch" of the Nexus One, a very different go-to-market strategy compared to Verizon's launch of Droid, on which it spent a record-breaking $100 million on marketing, including aggressive TV advertising spends. Instead, Google chose to market and sell the device to consumers directly through its own website. While this distribution strategy is among the most innovative facets of the Nexus One launch, and a threat to carrier control of the consumer relationship, a series of customer service and other mistakes reveal Google's lack of retail experience. Further, Google chose to launch its Nexus One after the holiday season. While selecting this launch time may have been designed to avoid competing unnecessarily with its carrier and OEM partners over the all-important holiday season, this also adversely affected sales."

Member im a android but thats ok's Avatar
    im thinking alot of people would feel better knowing they could walk into a physical store like verizon and have thier problem troubleshooted there instead via email. googles customer service has been taking a beating a beating as well.

I can understand why they've only s old 20,000. I've yet to see one commercial for the Nexus One. I am sure if they would have spent a few hundred thousand dollars on marketing, they would have sold more.

Also, I think they should have compared the first iphone, instead of the 3GS, which, basically would blow a lot of competitors out only because it was like a huge upgrade.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links