Are there "Smart Dialer" function in Nexus One?

This is a discussion on Are there "Smart Dialer" function in Nexus One? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; yes the best way is what soulstar said you can dedicate a page of your "desktop" to just quick dials or quick SMS tap+hold empty ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are there "Smart Dialer" function in Nexus One?

yes

the best way is what soulstar said

you can dedicate a page of your "desktop" to just quick dials or quick SMS

tap+hold empty space, then select short cut, chose a contact and it will make a direct dial button (you can do direct SMS as well) for that person on your desktop ...

doesn't get better than that

Thanks for the help, I love this phone!

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    yes

the best way is what soulstar said

you can dedicate a page of your "desktop" to just quick dials or quick SMS

tap+hold empty space, then select short cut, chose a contact and it will make a direct dial button (you can do direct SMS as well) for that person on your desktop ...

doesn't get better than that
    YEAH! This ^^ is very helpful. You can shortcut to your folders there too.

I expect to use voice dialing all the time but still, I dedicated a page to "contacting" since I have daily, weekly, occasional customers I work for and they want to know about their animals ALOT. You can group people so if you forget someone's name you can browse the folders or tag/find the dog's name or whatever.

One customer, a good payer, called me every 5 minutes the first time I had his dog. "Oh did you open the door yet?" "Oh did you go down the elevator yet?" "Did the concierge give him his treat?"...etc hahaha. That was years ago when I only wanted my cell for emergencies. It's a whole different thing now. You have to be available 24/7 in a service business.

I put shortcuts to:
    Message my kid,
    Phone my kid
    Voicemail
    Contacts Clients Dailies
    Contacts Clients ALL
    Contacts Personal
    UltraChrome Stopwatch/Timer called UltraChrome
    Maps/GPS

You can copy your Contact folder there. (since the home page contact icon gives me just 2 of my contacts at this time which I havent figured out how to fix yet).

I put a shortcut for maps/gps on that page so everything is together when I'm driving and need to call someone when I'm near the destination.

I added the app called UltraChrome which is a LARGE SCREEN STOPWATCH/TIMER that I use when I need to track my dog walks/visits/time for giving meds/ during a visit etc when I'm scheduled tight or have something ad hoc.

You can email the UltraChrome log to someone/yourself AND it retains history so you can go back to see what you did. This helps me scheduling/tracking/billing. And you always have the errant customer who thinks you can walk their dog a mile in 8 minutes lol.

There's also an app that doesn't work yet for Nexus that is a high powered LED flashlight that shines through the camera lens that I'm going to dl again and put there when it works and that'll go there. For walking at night safely or finding something in the dark house without upheaval, it's red.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE TIPS, GUYS! I love this phone. Not bad for a 2 day user with no prior smartphone experience. The user guide is excellent but it's BIG!

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    LOL....sorry allyriane, but I had to laugh! "There HAS to be an easier way":rofl3:

I'm glad you were able to find it, and thanks to flow for the heads-up!
    I KNOW RIGHT? Too funny. :rofl3:

I said it first... nanana-na.

postCount++;
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    I said it first... nanana-na.

postCount++;

Yes you did I see now, although you said "type a few letters" and my goal was to not have to use glasses and my hand to misdial....LOL

But NOW you're going in my contacts as my Nexus-go-to-help-guy so sorry about your luck!

Seriously, thanks though. This stuff is really helpful to life and business.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    Or do liek I do and add contacts to the homescreen directly.

That's what I meant...I'll be mroe clean in directions inthe future.

Now I'm just postwhoring. I'll stop now.
    Rooted Nexus One

Num Dial

For Smart Dialing in Nexus One, u have to install num dial software. free avialable in Androd Market. From Nexus One go to Menu and Android Market. Then put in serach box Num Dial.

just installed the "dialer one" app and it seems to work well. can't understand why such an cool phone wouldn't have that. my last two HTC phones had it as have all the simple (non smart) phones....

Junior Member themarinesurveyor's Avatar

Direct Dial Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by soulstar View Post
    You can also create shortcuts on your home screens for contacts you dial frequently.

On an empty homescreen space, tap-hold, select shortcuts, select direct dial, and select your contact. I have about 5-6 shortcuts on a separate homescreen for one-touch dialing.
    Thank you for your good advice and suggestion which I found NOT by the search engine on the Forum which I tried ....but Googling it.

Roy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links