Gallery pictures and emailing them??

This is a discussion on Gallery pictures and emailing them?? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Has anyone been able to send a pic from the gallery, by pushing share, then messaging, and then how do you find your email addresses ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gallery pictures and emailing them??

Gallery pictures and emailing them??

Has anyone been able to send a pic from the gallery, by pushing share, then messaging, and then how do you find your email addresses of your contacts?? I sure you I dont have to type in the email address every time to send a picture message. Any Ideas Thanks Greg

Edit: I guess Im just to used to my old phone. Because in my SE W760I you can send a pic by email by looking or taking a pic first and sending it to a email address. But with Nexus, you have to start a email first and then do a attachment to the pic. In other words, you cant just take a pic and find a contact with a email address and send it. Maybe somebody else has firgured out how do.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't know exactly what you mean by attachment. I did it but didnt have to start email first then do attachment. I did it all from the photo from gallery. But yes, it does arrive to the recipient as an email with an attachment.

I did it like this:

Select the photo, hit menu,
    hit share,
    hit email then your email compose screen comes up,
    now you do your email....

you enter the To field (mine autocompleted since I was sending to myself),
    after To, you hit next, you get subject line,
    after subject line you hit next
    you get compose email, write what you want then hit done.

then down the bottom hit send.

The photo arrives pretty quickly in about 3 minutes.

Is that the procedure you were looking for? hopefully...

Well your close to knwing what Im talking about, or maybe right on LOL
    My problem is
    When you enter the TO field my auto complete wont pick up a email address at all. Lets just say my email address is under a contact, by the name of "home" and I have the email address in that contact info.
    When I type "Home" the phone number in the contact " home" comes up and no where is there a option to use the email addy. So I end up typing in the whole email address. Seems really stupid to me, I must be missing something.
    Hope that makes sense Greg

Well this is important to me because of my business. I'm a pet sitter/dog walker so I will take a photo, immediately upload to somewhere...picassa or utube OR my google blog or send it to the customer. So the easier the better.

I only tried today and to myself. So I'll be trying it with contacts thats for sure. That contact folder is a little clugy I think. Every time I hit contacts I only get two of them and have to do other wierd stuff like hit favorites or something.

Still playing around learning it. But I'll post back tomorrow when I try more emailing photos. That has to work for me as easily as possible even if I need an app. BTW I downloaded one called PicSay Pro and it's nice. It's like Photoshop.

It has export so just now I tried it and it worked too. You can send to facebook etc or email so I took email... I typed in "P" for my son's name and his email autocompleted right away. So IDK exactly what's going on LOL.

LOL ok i think you're doing something wrong or your contacts are mixed up. I just did one from gallery to email , I chose email, in the to field I typed "ro" for some guy named robert...and it came up for autocomplete.

I thought maybe it doesn't work if you never emailed them before from the phone, but I havent emailed my son or this robert guy from the phone yet so that's not it.

Are you sure you have the email correctly associated with "home"?

Try a different person maybe.

Well I dont think its possible to pull a email address out of contacts and use it in the "to" spot, IF IF you have a mobile/home number and a email address in the same Contact info. Every time I try all iget in auto complete is the mobile number and no way to grab the email address.
    This make me a little mad it has to be so complicated to take a pic and send to a email address in the contacts

Did it come up with his name and number showing, and then you just pushed send. Because I would think it would send to his number, or did it show there email address?

WAIT - you said you typed share then messaging? THAT wont work for me. Messaging.

I used "email" not messaging! LOL , ok try email instead.

Oh WOW now im excited, but where did you find EMAIL in the gallery??

Al i have for options are Picasa, messageing. face book, bluetooth, and Gmail

Quote Originally Posted by CentralWARMK View Post
    Well I dont think its possible to pull a email address out of contacts and use it in the "to" spot, IF IF you have a mobile/home number and a email address in the same Contact info. Every time I try all iget in auto complete is the mobile number and no way to grab the email address.
    This make me a little mad it has to be so complicated to take a pic and send to a email address in the contacts

Did it come up with his name and number showing, and then you just pushed send. Because I would think it would send to his number, or did it show there email address?
    When you hit email, you get the "compose" screen of a normal email. With the To field and yep, after I typed Pe (for pete) his email addy pops up under the to field, I press it and it auto populates, then I hit NEXT to the right, and get the subject line etc.

Its messaging that's the problem for you i think. I havenet used messaging yet. I think that's for stuff like IM right?

ETA sorry I missed where you listed your options already ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by CentralWARMK View Post
    Oh WOW now im excited, but where did you find EMAIL in the gallery??
    K hit gallery, select your photo, right?

Then hit menu on the lower right

Then hit share on the lower left

You should see a bunch of choices pop up overlaying your photo on the left.

picassa, messaging, facebook, bluetooth, and I have Pic Say Pro, then EMAIL then GMAIL.

Just press email.

did you set up email yet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links