Anyone successful in setting up a college email account?

This is a discussion on Anyone successful in setting up a college email account? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by mah Originally Posted by deel Originally Posted by mah I agree with M Woody. There's no such thing as "a college email ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone successful in setting up a college email account?

Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    I agree with M Woody.

There's no such thing as "a college email account" -- that phrase doesn't describe anything. Different email servers have different requirements, and though I don't know anything about the school you go to, I know that there are schools with multiple (and different) email servers, so even stating the school isn't definitive enough. As M Woody suggests, contacting your local IT support staff is your best way to get this resolved.

there actually are such things as college email accounts. .edu addresses on college servers or by third party companies
    Please tell me then what the fundamental difference is between making a connection to a .edu account vs. another? You can't, because there is none. That's the point behind my statement which you disagree with. I apologize for not making it clear to you because when I said "there's no such thing as..." I actually meant "It's useless to apply that label because it doesn't change anything..." and while I had believed that would be understood, clearly I was mistaken in this case.

well my college had a 3rd party company called firstclass. i dont recall if it used imap or pop. it actually used fcp, and it pretty much was its own closed environment

mah
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    well my college had a 3rd party company called firstclass. i dont recall if it used imap or pop. it actually used fcp, and it pretty much was its own closed environment
    Every email provider may have some standard or something obscure (I've never heard of fcp and I'm assuming it may be obscure), however that has nothing to do with it being a college account, Because of that, asking for help with setting up a college account (as a generic term) is at best useless, and at worst an impediment to actually receiving the help. What would be needed in your example would be help in setting up a fcp account (unless you could successfully state that all college accounts are fcp accounts?).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links