Anyone successful in setting up a college email account?

This is a discussion on Anyone successful in setting up a college email account? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm in grad school and I cannot seem to get the email to set up properly on the n1. I put in the same settings ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone successful in setting up a college email account?

Question Anyone successful in setting up a college email account?

I'm in grad school and I cannot seem to get the email to set up properly on the n1. I put in the same settings that were in my iphone and it will not connect to the school servers. Anyone else have trouble setting up their email account and if so, how did you work it out?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I'm in grad school and I cannot seem to get the email to set up properly on the n1. I put in the same settings that were in my iphone and it will not connect to the school servers. Anyone else have trouble setting up their email account and if so, how did you work it out?
    tbh, i think you should contact the IT admin at where you want to use it.
    M_Woody's wallpaper pack.

I am a freelance/self-employed graphics designer, please take a look at my website www.m-woody.co.nr

200th post - 6th April, 2010.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mah
    I agree with M Woody.

There's no such thing as "a college email account" -- that phrase doesn't describe anything. Different email servers have different requirements, and though I don't know anything about the school you go to, I know that there are schools with multiple (and different) email servers, so even stating the school isn't definitive enough. As M Woody suggests, contacting your local IT support staff is your best way to get this resolved.

I have set up my account. It is a webmail account. I set up all of my emails, personal, work (pop3), Schoool, etc to go through Gmail. The school mail, is just forwarded to gmail and then you set an option to be able to send mail as that account. make sure to send the authorization request first. It is pretty convenient. You only have to check one email and you get everything in one place.
    :nexusx:Proud new owner of Nexus One as of 1/11/10
    Unlocked Rooted
    Amon-RA recovery v1.7.0(Cyanogen Mod Version)
    Cyanogen Mod LATEST! (Beta or Stable)
    Baked In MoDaCo's Kitchen!
    NexTHEME
    Helix Launcher2
    16GB Class 6 MicroSD

Twitter @Gr8gorilla

I was able to get mine set up. The problem I had was getting the ports right. I had to get them from my iPhone and change them manually.

for ease, you can set up Email Forwarding at GMail.
    as you will be using your Google account to synchronize the data, if your College Email Account supports POP3, then it should be able to setup successfully.

give it a try and let us know the result

Yes, setting it up through Gmail is by far the easiest way. My school email servers are really bizarre ports, but it forwards perfectly through Gmail.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Hello. I have been wondering about how I can set up my college email on my Android Phone (Samsung Moment). My college email is a CUNY Queens College email account. I am not sure what type of server they use (POP3, or IMAP). I have heard you can have them set up or forwarded to your gmail, but I am not sure how. Does anyone know the procedure?

Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    I agree with M Woody.

There's no such thing as "a college email account" -- that phrase doesn't describe anything. Different email servers have different requirements, and though I don't know anything about the school you go to, I know that there are schools with multiple (and different) email servers, so even stating the school isn't definitive enough. As M Woody suggests, contacting your local IT support staff is your best way to get this resolved.

there actually are such things as college email accounts. .edu addresses on college servers or by third party companies

mah
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    I agree with M Woody.

there actually are such things as college email accounts. .edu addresses on college servers or by third party companies
    Please tell me then what the fundamental difference is between making a connection to a .edu account vs. another? You can't, because there is none. That's the point behind my statement which you disagree with. I apologize for not making it clear to you because when I said "there's no such thing as..." I actually meant "It's useless to apply that label because it doesn't change anything..." and while I had believed that would be understood, clearly I was mistaken in this case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links