Battery Scientists Need To Get Working!

This is a discussion on Battery Scientists Need To Get Working! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; It seems to me that the limiting factor for technology at the moment is batteries, by quite a long way. Let's face it, we all ...

Thread: Battery Scientists Need To Get Working!

Battery Scientists Need To Get Working!

It seems to me that the limiting factor for technology at the moment is batteries, by quite a long way.

Let's face it, we all have most things our N1s can do turned off to get a day's power! We need a battery breakthrough in the next couple of years before gadgets can take another leap forward like they recently have done...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't have that big problems with the phone..

It's not that big a problem, but lots of people are talking about second batteries and most people have gps/wifi etc off and widgets kept to a minimum.

My only point is that the power needs of iPhones, Nexus Ones and Droids is at the limit of what batteries can deliver.

i agree.. hopefully soon .. yesterday someone made a phone that was powered by coca cola lol

MIT's quick charging batteries could revolutionize the world, maybe -- Engadget

http://www.edn.com/blog/1470000147/post/1550041955.html

They also have a few more break throughs i cant find this one article i was reading about 2 years ago. It was talking about a laptop battery lasting about 40 hours, either one of these 2 would be great, when your N1 is at 10% put it on the charger for 5 mins you are right back to a full 100% and then you got your self another 6 hours.

Well yeah but people are not using the phone as a phone but to replace everything electronic in their lives. I know this is obvious but ....why someone would complain about battery when demanding they watch tv, shop, talk, upload videos and photos, email and use GPS constantly and concurrently seems to be a bit much.

Same with video-ing a concert. Take a video camera if you want to record an entire show, cheech. lol. (that is directed to my kid, who's in the business even (eyeroll)

Quote Originally Posted by dick8843 View Post
    i agree.. hopefully soon .. yesterday someone made a phone that was powered by coca cola lol
    Maybe used cooking oil like Willie Nelson's van?

All i ask for is a battery to let me do what i want until i come home, not having to limit my self. i dont need 1 that lasts to weeks but if i want to browse/ chat / use gps / talk on the phone a few hours WHILE USING a bluetooth headset.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links