Found anything Serendipitous on your Nexus One?

This is a discussion on Found anything Serendipitous on your Nexus One? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by TBird1 Originally Posted by nsm Try pressing the home button for around 2 seconds That's not your most used shortcuts you see. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Found anything Serendipitous on your Nexus One?

jah
    Quote Originally Posted by TBird1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nsm View Post
    Try pressing the home button for around 2 seconds
    That's not your most used shortcuts you see. What you are seeing are applications that are open and still running :-)

If your familiar with MS Windows it's the equivalent of looking at your Task Manager - very handy.
    Well, I guess that's usually the same thing. heh.

That's not your most used shortcuts you see. What you are seeing are applications that are open and still running :-)

If your familiar with MS Windows it's the equivalent of looking at your Task Manager - very handy.
    I heard it wasn't even that, it's more of a 'frequently used applications' shortcut launcher.
    Send Me a Text!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ Truth.

I also figured out if you press-hold the little dots when you're in a new slide, it shows a page previews of each slide, its like a quick jump to the slide you click.If that makes any sense at all)
    NexusOne. :nexusx:

Turned on my phone this morning to find a notification that an upgrade was available for one of the apps I had installed a few days ago. A couple of key presses later and I had the update downloaded and installed - fantastic !

Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by sanchez View Post

I heard it wasn't even that, it's more of a 'frequently used applications' shortcut launcher.
    Lol you guys are all wrong. It doesn't show open applications, and it doesn't show frequently used applications. It shows the last six applications used.
    Follow me at @Burlyskink
    Want a Lockerz invite? PM me

[/QUOTE]
    Lol you guys are all wrong. It doesn't show open applications, and it doesn't show frequently used applications. It shows the last six applications used.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about that - when you hold the home button and select one of the applications that pops up it opens the app at the point where you left it running. If it just showed the last six apps used, or just shortcuts to frequently used apps it would start from that apps 'homepage'. Therefore I understand this feature provides a link to your currently running/open apps - lol

Not sure about that - when you hold the home button and select one of the applications that pops up it opens the app at the point where you left it running. If it just showed the last six apps used, or just shortcuts to frequently used apps it would start from that apps 'homepage'. Therefore I understand this feature provides a link to your currently running/open apps - lol
    guy is right. If you have an application you can exit like twidroid open it then exit it. Hold down the home button and it will show the twidroid icon even though the application is closed.

It basically shows the last 6 apps used.

Guy
    Lol you guys are all wrong. It doesn't show open applications, and it doesn't show frequently used applications. It shows the last six applications used.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about that - when you hold the home button and select one of the applications that pops up it opens the app at the point where you left it running. If it just showed the last six apps used, or just shortcuts to frequently used apps it would start from that apps 'homepage'. Therefore I understand this feature provides a link to your currently running/open apps - lol [/QUOTE]

Zindol has my back lol, but I would like to add. Some times Android will close apps, the OS does this only when it needs the resources that the app is using to use for an app that is currently open and visible. Has such, it is common practice for apps to save the screen your on and the information when they are closed. It is possible to do this because, when ever Android goes to kill an app it calls onDestroy()
    Follow me at @Burlyskink

[quote=Zindol;9858]

guy is right. If you have an application you can exit like twidroid open it then exit it. Hold down the home button and it will show the twidroid icon even though the application is closed.

Well explain how if you open Google Listen or Facebook and use them, then go to your phones homepage, press and hold home - now if you select Google Listen or Facebook it now takes you to where you left those applications running and not their opening screens) ? - Perhaps it's Task Manager and Shortcut List combined ?

lol - we replied at the same time Guy lol

You know - I don't really care, I just love my phone and what it does !!!!

Guy
    [quote=TBird1;9864]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post

Well explain how if you open Google Listen or Facebook and use them, then go to your phones homepage, press and hold home - now if you select Google Listen or Facebook it now takes you to where you left those applications running and not their opening screens) ? - Perhaps it's Task Manager and Shortcut List combined ?
    We probably posted at the same time, however, the answer is in my above post

Edit - lawl yea, just so you know I am not trying to argue with you or anything. Just trying to help out
    Follow me at @Burlyskink

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links