Found anything Serendipitous on your Nexus One?

This is a discussion on Found anything Serendipitous on your Nexus One? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Serendipity is the effect by which one accidentally stumbles upon something fortunate, especially while looking for something entirely unrelated. Sounds cheesy, but I just stumbled ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found anything Serendipitous on your Nexus One?

Found anything Serendipitous on your Nexus One?

Serendipity is the effect by which one accidentally stumbles upon something fortunate, especially while looking for something entirely unrelated.
    Sounds cheesy, but I just stumbled last night on the cute Android smilies while texting someone. Anything else out there on the Nexus one that makes it unique, cute, and/or fortunate to you that you stumbled upon while exploring your Nexus One?
    Pegasusrider

I LOVE my Nexus One:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Coming from the Nokia for mobiles and Windows for Pc's world, I always felt concerned about the lack of an "exit" or "close" butoon to use when I'm finished using an app on the N1. Always felt compelled to look for this to save resources and keep performance .

Now I have just discovered that due to Android coming from the Linux heritage of OS's, the phone basically stops processing open apps when they are not being used, that they give almost zero overhead, and that the system will automatically start to close unused apps if their resource is required.

So basically you don't have to be concerned about closing your apps as their impact on performance is minimal. For me this is great peace of mind.

Off course any other comments from a "higher plane" that would verify this would be welcome :-)

That is a very awesome feature I had heard, but not been confirmed.
    Pegasusrider

I LOVE my Nexus One:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When I found out what the proximity sensor was for (turning the screen off when the phone is by your ear and then back on again when away from your ear) I though it was pretty cool!

jah
    I just realized you can hit the home button twice for a kind of "most used" shortcuts list. Kinda neat.

NXS
    Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post
    I just realized you can hit the home button twice for a kind of "most used" shortcuts list. Kinda neat.
    Not able to reproduce this... can you clarify what you mean?
    Happy Nexus One User Since Jan 6, 2010.
    On Amazon: Nexus One Chargers, Sync Cables, Headphones, and Cases.

nsm
    Try pressing the home button for around 2 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by NXS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post
    Not able to reproduce this... can you clarify what you mean?
    Press and hold the home button. It will list your last 6 most recently used aplications

Quote Originally Posted by nsm View Post
    Try pressing the home button for around 2 seconds
    That's not your most used shortcuts you see. What you are seeing are applications that are open and still running :-)

If your familiar with MS Windows it's the equivalent of looking at your Task Manager - very handy.

that is awesome!
    Pegasusrider

I LOVE my Nexus One:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links