nexus one screen question.

This is a discussion on nexus one screen question. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by ezeddiekun I don't know why people say AMOLED is unreadable in the sunlight. I can definity see mine. I think the reviews ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: nexus one screen question.

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    I don't know why people say AMOLED is unreadable in the sunlight. I can definity see mine. I think the reviews are either biased or they are blind.

Thanks you for input... I see your in Vegas.... Hot and Sunny.... I love Vegas... tell us more about your experiences with the phone outdoors..... what phone did you have prior to the nexus? And could the nexus be compared to each others screen (viewing outside) ....... what is the difference in viewing while outside. Could you help us ! Also could you compare to droid, iphone or any other smart phone with a large screen? stand next to someone with both phones next to each other under the sun and compare for us !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by throbinskin View Post
    I don't know why people say AMOLED is unreadable in the sunlight. I can definity see mine. I think the reviews are either biased or they are blind.

Thanks you for input... I see your in Vegas.... Hot and Sunny.... I love Vegas... tell us more about your experiences with the phone outdoors..... what phone did you have prior to the nexus? And could the nexus be compared to each others screen (viewing outside) ....... what is the difference in viewing while outside. Could you help us ! Also could you compare to droid, iphone or any other smart phone with a large screen? stand next to someone with both phones next to each other under the sun and compare for us !!!!!
    Haha your in luck I still happen to have my Droid right now. I have to return it tomorrow though, Ill compare them tommorrow. But for right now I can tell you the Nexus One screen is a lot brighter. Droid has TFT LCD and Nexus has AMOLED. AMOLED is brighter, dunno about more colorful though. If you turn both brightness to the max you can DEFINITY see the screen clearly. Heck I can even see it on lowest brightness on the Droid, I got good eyes. But right now I can tell you Nexus works better under the sun in my opinion. But I've always complained about this issue and its the pixel thing. I know AMOLED technology is newer, brighter, and more colorful. AMOLED has pixels that light up themselves; however, that is its downfall. Because of that I can see the individual pixels. Coming from the Droid I can tell the difference immediently; however, its hard to tell if your not focused on the pixels. Good, but still not as crispy clear as the LCD screen. But it also has pros like longer battery life and brightness.

TL;DR? :rofl3:

Ill tell you more details when I go outside to compare them tomorrow morning.

Thanks friend..... I will wait for tomorrow..... Hopefully it's sunny.... We are expecting a huge rain storm this coming week. Largest rain fall they say in 100 years here in San Diego...... I heard some areas could get 20 inches - hell that's our yearly total !

take a pic from the droid of the nexus and take a pic of the nexus from the droid of the screens outside under the sun and post if you could ...... that would clear everything up !!!!!!

edit: Or from the same digital camera if you have one !

Yeah I will do that, if I can find the dang battery for the camera. Its always sunny in Vegas. Heck I might even do a video for you guys just to help out the community in choosing the right phone for them. Wish me luck! xD

video is better lol and pics too if I can see the screen then it the nexus one for me

video is better lol and pics too if I can see the screen then it the nexus one for me
    Haha you won't be disappointed. I was really suprised too when I first found out that you can actually see it in the sun. I read a review from some place about the Nexus One display being unreable in the sunlight, but its completely untrue I can see it with no problem and its not even turned to the brightest.

Haha you won't be disappointed. I was really suprised too when I first found out that you can actually see it in the sun. I read a review from some place about the Nexus One display being unreable in the sunlight, but its completely untrue I can see it with no problem and its not even turned to the brightest.
    Try to use different angle to see the screen when you test it tomorrow under sunlight. I want to see if there is a sweet spot for seeing under the sun.

kk ill do a 360 degrees around the screen. Hopefully it'll turn out good. Never made a video review or comparison of any kind so you guys will have to mind my noobiness haha. I will be showing you guys a comparison between brightest and lowest settings.

Opps I forgot to mention I only own a 7.2 mp digital camera. Will a recording from it enough to tell the details between them? Or should I just stick with the pictures?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links