nexus one screen question.

This is a discussion on nexus one screen question. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm a potential nexus one buyer. However, I have one question regarding the display. Since Nexus one use AMOLED, how is the readability under the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: nexus one screen question.

nexus one screen question.

I'm a potential nexus one buyer. However, I have one question regarding the display. Since Nexus one use AMOLED, how is the readability under the sun. Is it impossible to use the phone under the sun, or is the color just washed out.
    I owned a oled mp3 player before (back in 2004), and it was completely unreadable directly under the sun. So i'm wondering if this is also the case for nexus one.

Also, one of main reason I wanted this phone is navigation. Is the google map navigation good? Can you turn off agps and stick with gps without connecting to online and still use the gps to navigate?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by fuyuki View Post
    I'm a potential nexus one buyer. However, I have one question regarding the display. Since Nexus one use AMOLED, how is the readability under the sun. Is it impossible to use the phone under the sun, or is the color just washed out.
    I owned a oled mp3 player before (back in 2004), and it was completely unreadable directly under the sun. So i'm wondering if this is also the case for nexus one.

Also, one of main reason I wanted this phone is navigation. Is the google map navigation good? Can you turn off agps and stick with gps without connecting to online and still use the gps to navigate?
    Can't speak for the AMOLED, as I don't have a Nexus.

I do have a Droid, and the Navigation is excellent!

I also have in car navigation, and the Droid's nav is easier to use in many ways. I can simply say "Navigate to Best Buy" and it'll present me with a list of local BB stores. On my navigation which came with my car, I'd have to tap "Points of Interest", tap "Stores", tap "Electronics", etc. etc. About six or eight taps, including typing in B E S T B U Y....

Also, the navigation which comes on the Nexus/Droid/Android OS is up to date. There are times (today, in fact) where my in car system simply is out of date (It's five years old) and can't find newer homes and / or businesses. I am looking at homes in an area of California where there are new develoopments, and my in car system simply can't find them.

The voice on the Navigation needs improvement.. you can understand it, but it sounds very robotic. My in car system sounds much more human, but in car doesn't announce street names, it simply says "turn right at next intersection" while the Nexus Nav says the name.

I can also say "Chinese Food", and it'll bring up local chinese restaurants... or say "King Tut Exhibit", and it'll find which museum the exhibit is at... my in car system won't do either of those!

I believe you do need to be connected to your network, for the nav to work. It doesn't store maps....

Hope this helps some.

I have been asking the same question .... Most people here that have answered my earlier post live in the east coast where it is gloomy, raining or snowing right now! Most have answered to turn the brightness all the way up. I'm from San Diego, California and It is almost always sunny here. I would love to here from people in Sunny parts of town right now too. Here is a link I found. Nexus One, iPhone and Droid: Which Is Brightest? - Reviews by PC Magazine Not much for outdoors. I would like to see an article like this for outdoors!

Here is my post from earlier ! http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/nexus-one-general-discussion/525-amoled-display-outdoors.html

Well, for what it's worth, my wife has the Behold II, and loves it. It also has the AMOLED screen.

It's a VERY bright, colorful screen, and she hasn't complained about not being able to view it outdoors. However, I have heard that that is one problem with AMOLED screens.

She's complained about a few other things, but overall loves her Android phone! (Came from a Blackberry)

Quote Originally Posted by throbinskin View Post
    I have been asking the same question .... Most people here that have answered my earlier post live in the east coast where it is gloomy, raining or snowing right now! Most have answered to turn the brightness all the way up. I'm from San Diego, California and It is almost always sunny here. I would love to here from people in Sunny parts of town right now too. Here is a link I found. Nexus One, iPhone and Droid: Which Is Brightest? - Reviews by PC Magazine Not much for outdoors. I would like to see an article like this for outdoors!

Here is my post from earlier ! http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/nexus-one-general-discussion/525-amoled-display-outdoors.html
    I'm in so. California, so it's like sunny almost everyday. So I really need a phone that is at least readable directly under the sun, enough for me to see the number on the dialing screen and see the names on my address book so I can call people.

btw: your thread was not found.

Quote Originally Posted by Shel View Post
    Well, for what it's worth, my wife has the Behold II, and loves it. It also has the AMOLED screen.

It's a VERY bright, colorful screen, and she hasn't complained about not being able to view it outdoors. However, I have heard that that is one problem with AMOLED screens.

She's complained about a few other things, but overall loves her Android phone! (Came from a Blackberry)
    Are you in East Coast?

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-outdoors.html I don't know why the link didn't work ??

Click my profile and look for threads started ...... It's titled under " AMOLED display outdoors ? "

It work now, I don't know what happen earlier
    Anyways, can anyone confirm that when you turn the brightness all the way up you can see the screen under the sun. By that i mean, able to navigate the phone without any trouble.

I don't know why people say AMOLED is unreadable in the sunlight. I can definity see mine. I think the reviews are either biased or they are blind.

Quote Originally Posted by fuyuki View Post
    It work now, I don't know what happen earlier
    Anyways, can anyone confirm that when you turn the brightness all the way up you can see the screen under the sun. By that i mean, able to navigate the phone without any trouble.

And when using the Camera - Can you see what is on the screen clearly when shooting a picture with the sun behind you shining on the screen? Any input could help !!

Well I have my brightness probably around 20-30% and I can see. So you will definity see clearly if you turn it all the way up. Hope that helps.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links