Apps auto running in the background.

This is a discussion on Apps auto running in the background. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; you can kill the apps running in the background, i find the trick in this blog.... it seems an unofficial tmo site, and give lots ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Apps auto running in the background.

  1. #11
    Junior Member dfdff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2
    you can kill the apps running in the background, i find the trick in this blog.... it seems an unofficial tmo site, and give lots of tricks about our N1. nice site.

  2. #12
    Android Jr Member Backnblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dfdff View Post
    you can kill the apps running in the background, i find the trick in this blog it seems an unofficial tmo site, and give lots of tricks about our N1. nice site.
    But App killing is not required on the Android OS, This is not a WinMo or BB...

  3. #13
    Member jay_nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by dfdff View Post
    you can kill the apps running in the background, i find the trick in this blog.... it seems an unofficial tmo site, and give lots of tricks about our N1. nice site.
    well i got taskiller for that... its super easy.. but the point is I shouldnt have to kill apps that I never start... they should not run period. unfortunately none of this is configurable... so the apps are free to launch at any time they please...

    so im constantly killing apps in order to have a smooth experience..

  4. #14
    Android Jr Member Backnblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jay View Post
    so im constantly killing apps in order to have a smooth experience..
    There is no reason to Kill them....Just because they show up as "running" does not mean they are using memory or cpu cycles.....

    I find by letting the OS do it's job the phone runs fine.

  5. #15
    Member Pegasusrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    91
    Before I downloaded Taskkiller, I saw a noticeble difference in battery life draining from apps running in the background. If this is not suppossed to happen, is this a bug then?
    Pegasusrider

    I LOVE my Nexus One:

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #16
    Senior Member xPatriicK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    There is no reason to Kill them....
    Yeah there's no reason but still I dont want them having running in the background, too.
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

  7. #17
    Member jay_nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jay View Post
    so im constantly killing apps in order to have a smooth experience..
    There is no reason to Kill them....Just because they show up as "running" does not mean they are using memory or cpu cycles.....

    I find by letting the OS do it's job the phone runs fine.
    well, you see this is where you and I disagree.

    I think those apps affect the battery life and they take up resources that slow down the over all performance of the n1.

    When I do nothing about the apps runing in the bg, I notice the device is slower than when I do kill them .

    try it for youself.

    leave them all running and open something intensive like the navigation... or anything else.. it will take longer for the app to start because of all the bg processes.

    PS- and yes they do take memory because it shows the memory consumption reduce after you kill them..

  8. #18
    Senior Member supsandroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    190
    I agree. I use white killer though. imo alot better than advanced app killer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Android Honeycomb Default Music Player App Leaked
    By dgstorm in forum Android News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 04:23 PM
  2. The Samsung Behold II Android 1.6 Update Hits
    By TMODroids User in forum Samsung Behold 2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2010, 05:16 PM

Search tags for this page

amazon app running in background
,
amazon music running in background blackberry
,
android app running background
,
android apps auto start in the background
,
android background auto start
,

android background service auto start

,

android permissions auto background

,
apps autostarting in background android
,
how do i find out what is running in the background on kindle fire
,
kindle fire app to prevent apps from running in background if not in use
,
prevent autoruning apps android
,

random apps running background

,
samsung s4 auto startup apps
,
why do so many apps run in the background on my kindle fire
,
?apps that sync regularly or run in the background
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum