Apps auto running in the background.

This is a discussion on Apps auto running in the background. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Is there any way to prevent random apps from starting and running in the background. I installed TaskKiller I and always notice the clock,amazon mp3, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apps auto running in the background.

Apps auto running in the background.

Is there any way to prevent random apps from starting and running in the background.

I installed TaskKiller I and always notice the clock,amazon mp3, and several other apps running eventhough I never started them. I realize some apps have to sync etc.. but I dont have alot of these even setup.

It takes up resources that could be going to apps I actually run.

Also after exiting a app, it usually stays running. This drives me nuts. Is there a way to exit an app and actually kill the process at the same time...or is killing the process the only way to truly exit.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've uninstalled ShopSavvy because of that - I only used it once to try it, the phone has been rebooted since then, and yet it keeps starting itself and even appeared on my 'most used battery' items once!

Yeah, I'm not too worried about it. Unless that start showing up as battery drain when I didn't even open it!

ShopSavvy Battery Management

Quote Originally Posted by !!11oneone View Post
    I've uninstalled ShopSavvy because of that - I only used it once to try it, the phone has been rebooted since then, and yet it keeps starting itself and even appeared on my 'most used battery' items once!
    I understand your concern. We tested ShopSavvy on several different Android phones for more than 10,000 hours to determine how well we were managing battery resources. When in use ShopSavvy (just like the camera) uses a lot of juice. There isn't anything we can do - the camera is expensive on battery life. However, when not in use ShopSavvy can help increase the life of your battery. Seems hard to believe?

We have a background process that checks to see if another app has located your location and we use that location data the next time you scan. After we look we make sure everything is off. Interestingly LOTS of other apps leave stuff on after you use the app - unnecessarily draining battery life. By regularly turning everything off ShopSavvy increased battery life by about .1% - not much, but more than offsetting our idle process.

If you continue having issues please run a log checker and we can work with you to troubleshoot. There might be a new phone that uses the battery in a new way - we always update our code if there is an issue with new hardware (i.e. why we have so many updates each month). The good news is that everyone is making new Android phones, the bad news everyone is making new Android phones.

Hi, and fair play for finding the post and coming here to reply. Not many developers could be bothered, so thank you.

That's interesting and it makes perfect sense. I do wonder why it's necessary - I'd have thought 'location' could be held in a central system location for any app to access, but I'm no developer!

Anyway, I don't think I'll be using ShopSavvy very much and so it's probably not worth me having it on. But I won't think twice about re-downloading now that I know it's not a bug.

ShopSavvy Trick...

You can also turn on 'privacy mode' where we don't check location. It is in the ShopSavvy settings.

Quote Originally Posted by !!11oneone View Post
    Hi, and fair play for finding the post and coming here to reply. Not many developers could be bothered, so thank you.

That's interesting and it makes perfect sense. I do wonder why it's necessary - I'd have thought 'location' could be held in a central system location for any app to access, but I'm no developer!

Anyway, I don't think I'll be using ShopSavvy very much and so it's probably not worth me having it on. But I won't think twice about re-downloading now that I know it's not a bug.

if i go under settings> application > running services GTalkService is always running, and so is Andriod Keyboard.

I want to uninstall Amazon mp3 service..

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    IM not sure I buy this ..to be honest..

I can notice a major difference in performance boost after I kill all these apps running in the bg. its a pretty consistent cycle.. sluggish performace, kill the apps, super fast performance..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links